Help! GT5 CE Chrome Line Car Pack Voucher empty

  • Thread starter Thread starter diegovega
  • 13 comments
  • 5,329 views
Messages
12
Messages
diegovega
Hi,

I'm in South America and today almost a week after release I finally received my copy of GT5 CE and I'm very excited to start playing! :drool:
Been a long time fan since GT1. Right now I'm installing the game but knowing my luck my chrome line car pack code is EMPTY!!!!! :ouch:There is no code under the plastic.

What can I do now? I can't call 1-800 Sony numbers from my location!

Does anyone know someone in this same situation?

I'm going to try emailing Sony but I doubt they will reply, also I don't think they will believe me just by looking at a photo of the voucher.

If anyone has any idea I'll appreciate it, thanks!

:sick:
 
Also one more strange thing I noticed, the actual game box inside the CE box in the back says 'NOT FOR RESALE' ? Is this normal?
 
Empty under plastic, What plastic?
Is the voucher not behind the manual?
Thats where my missing voucher was.
 
The plastic I meant the actual plastic sticker on the paper voucher that you scratch off with a coin to uncover the code.
 
Also one more strange thing I noticed, the actual game box inside the CE box in the back says 'NOT FOR RESALE' ? Is this normal?

it is meant so that the game itself cannot be sold without the rest of the collectors edition
 
Mine never had one It was printed In 3 boxs on a voucher the size of a manual.
Sorry for being no use.

*EDIT*
There's a credit card size card for the SLS AMG competition with a scratch off panel but that In signature edition.
I'm also referring to UK version I don't know If there different.
 
Last edited:
shakalac - thanks that makes sense, I was just paranoid now after this problem!

addictions - yeah I have the same paper voucher the size of the manual that came inside the game box. Did you have to "scratch" the paper to see the code like a regular coupon?
 
I couldn't find it either when I got it, after 10 minutes of looking. I got it. I was looking through the Apex book like a moron.
 
shakalac - thanks that makes sense, I was just paranoid now after this problem!

addictions - yeah I have the same paper voucher the size of the manual that came inside the game box. Did you have to "scratch" the paper to see the code like a regular coupon?

No It was printed clearly on the bottom.
 
This is great! Sony replied to my email with a typical automated response (I just LOVE the second paragraph haha):


"Hello Diego,

We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration you are experiencing not getting your Five exclusive DLC cars: Special “Chrome Line" cars code but a plain piece of paper. You have reached Sony of North America and you need to contact Sony in your region. For customer service support outside North America (US and Canada) please visit the following URL and choose the appropriate country or region:

http://www.playstation.com/country-selector/

In the meantime, please be aware that due to different television and voltage standards as well as a variety of licensing restrictions, Sony Computer Entertainment has implemented a territorial-based distribution system for its hardware, software and network. This limits the use of particular software to play on the console designated for that distribution territory (e.g. North American games may not play in the systems designed for other regions.). We do not have information on adapters or converters made to override territorial restrictions. The various PlayStation(R) consoles and format software titles are only designed to run in their respective regions and countries.

If you are unable to locate your country or region by visiting the above link, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) may not have authorized PlayStation(R) distribution centers in your area. "




I bought the game in the US I don't care what they say, can't they just send me a $#$@$@#$ code? I'm losing my patience here, and don't tell me to contact my country's support, it is inexistent, they won't even know what GT5 is, even worst what a "chrome line car pack" is.

Should of bought the standard game!!!!!

I'm gonna try to contact amazon but I doubt they will be able to help me with this since it really is SONY's fault and I doubt they have chrome line car pack codes laying around (though they did help me and were very quick and helpful to give me my preorder bonus car code).
 
Hey dude,

I bought the CE in the US too (amazon).
The piece of plastic on the paper, you shouldnt scratch it with a coin, but rather unstick it ... The codes are below printed on the paper, under this plastic sticker. At least that is how it was for me ...

Good luck !
 
Thanks mathieu, but I am 100% certain this is a faulty voucher, they forgot to print the code on the paper, it's a mistake that can happen in 1 in thousands.
Like I said there is nothing below the sticker and my paper and sticker are intact.

The SONY email support guy is starting to help me, even though he didn't understand what was going on at first and he asked me for a bunch of information many times and made me repeat myself over and over. I'm already going back and forth like 5 emails. I hope he finally helps me unless I'm talking with a robot. :scared:
 
After a week of faxing my invoice and empty voucher, I finally got my code emailed to me, thank you Sony good service!
 
Back