Help help help!! ASAP

Croatia
Zagreb
Mikathechaos21
My ps3 HDD died, I got new, tried to install GT6, it worked but the damn hot fixes download makes huge problems.
Approx. download time is 1210 minutes, and after an hour he comes to around 400 minutes left, and puf download occurred error and I cannot get that done for a week now, how could my miseries end!?
Help ASAP

Last edited:
Do you remember all of your PSN information and login?

(Yes)
-Restore your PS3 after you put your save files on a memory stick, and then try again.

(No)
Restore your PS3, and create a new one.

Do not worry if it won't work. There are more ways to fix it. If you need more help, PM me.

One fix that may work is to manually install each patch one at a time.
You'll need to save your old player info to a USB stick... or else make a new player on your PS3. (GT6 wont recognise an older save)

You will download each patch... but abort once it has downloaded and installed the first one.
Then turn off the internet connection
play the game (press "o" to bypass the connect to the internet)
This should patch the game.
Then you exit the game
eject the disc
turn the internet back on (Enable the internet connection)
insert the GT6 disc - then highlight the GT6 disc - and choose "Find update"
and again let it download only one patch and continue one patch at a time.

Long you tube video but the guy explains how he does it. (Very English - 'Throw a wobbler' - means the game doesn't work!)

good luck

Do you remember all of your PSN information and login?

(Yes)
-Restore your PS3 after you put your save files on a memory stick, and then try again.

(No)
Restore your PS3, and create a new one.

Do not worry if it won't work. There are more ways to fix it. If you need more help, PM me.

Ok I have no save files, everything is gone, I don't care about save files, only importan thing is I get it going and and working, I have my ps3 login and it's working but I cannot download any update now, I've deleted game I put disc and tried to download and again some error even tho I changed all my settings and connected e cable

Ryk
One fix that may work is to manually install each patch one at a time.
You'll need to save your old player info to a USB stick... or else make a new player on your PS3. (GT6 wont recognise an older save)

You will download each patch... but abort once it has downloaded and installed the first one.
Then turn off the internet connection
play the game (press "o" to bypass the connect to the internet)
This should patch the game.
Then you exit the game
eject the disc
turn the internet back on (Enable the internet connection)
insert the GT6 disc - then highlight the GT6 disc - and choose "Find update"
and again let it download only one patch and continue one patch at a time.

Long you tube video but the guy explains how he does it. (Very English - 'Throw a wobbler' - means the game doesn't work!)

good luck

Player info? If you mean game saves, I don't care about them.
Tried that from video but it didn't work, I'll try once more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried that from video but it didn't work, I'll try once more!
Well... it does work, because that's how you install updates one at a time. I suspect a better description of your problem than "it didn't work" and "the damn hot fixes download makes huge problems" would help people to help you.

Here's a summary of what to do to install the patches one at a time:
Step 1 - Boot the game up as normal. You will be prompted to install the latest update. This will always tell you the most recent update version number only, but it will need to install all of the updates to that point.
Step 2 - Watch the update progress very carefully. After the first update has downloaded and installed to your system, press Circle to cancel all of the rest.
Step 3 - DISABLE YOUR CONSOLE'S INTERNET CONNECTION (just pull the cable out of the back - it's easier)
Step 4 - Boot the game up.
Step 5 - The game will now install the patch.
Step 6 - When this has finished, the game will reboot. Exit the game.
Step 7 - RE-ENABLE YOUR CONSOLE'S INTERNET CONNECTION

Then return to step 1 for every subsequent update. If you're getting any Hotfix notifications, you haven't disabled the internet connection, so "the damn hot fixes download" cannot possibly be a problem if you're doing it right.

What is your internet connection speed like and is there any chance you could plug the console into a faster one to save you some time?

I am in the same position as the OP. My PS3 died and after repair it is in effect a new machine, so it downloaded all the 13 updates. It now fails to install them. If I do as is suggested on the youtube clip, it tells me that the latest update is installed and I then cannot get any further than that. As soon as I try to load the game it goes to a screen telling that the updates are installing, only for the install to fail once more.

I have tried various combinations of disabling the internet connection, removing disc, etc., but nothing works.

Any ideas?

I have that too, (I deleted the game data) The game stalls on the final installing blue bar in GT6 -
I only put the YouTube clip up as so many replies said it worked. (In a previous Thread here and on the clip itself.
If you update to 1.13 it should still play - but you will need to turn off the internet to play (GT6 will try to get the latest every 10 minutes and that will destroy any race you are in.) Once you get the hang of disabling the internet connection it isn't that big a deal.
If you manage to get v1.14 working please tell be how many Goats I have to sacrifice to the Esoteric Order of Dagon.

I have solved my own problem: the solution in the video clip does NOT work unless one first deletes all the game data One must start from scratch, as once the updates have been downloaded and the install has failed, it will keep on persisting with that.

Go here:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/support/00_4379444.html

and follow the steps to delete game data -then follow the video clip.

Well... it does work, because that's how you install updates one at a time. I suspect a better description of your problem than "it didn't work" and "the damn hot fixes download makes huge problems" would help people to help you.

Here's a summary of what to do to install the patches one at a time:
Step 1 - Boot the game up as normal. You will be prompted to install the latest update. This will always tell you the most recent update version number only, but it will need to install all of the updates to that point.
Step 2 - Watch the update progress very carefully. After the first update has downloaded and installed to your system, press Circle to cancel all of the rest.
Step 3 - DISABLE YOUR CONSOLE'S INTERNET CONNECTION (just pull the cable out of the back - it's easier)
Step 4 - Boot the game up.
Step 5 - The game will now install the patch.
Step 6 - When this has finished, the game will reboot. Exit the game.
Step 7 - RE-ENABLE YOUR CONSOLE'S INTERNET CONNECTION

Then return to step 1 for every subsequent update. If you're getting any Hotfix notifications, you haven't disabled the internet connection, so "the damn hot fixes download" cannot possibly be a problem if you're doing it right.

What is your internet connection speed like and is there any chance you could plug the console into a faster one to save you some time?
Quick question.

I assume the hotfixes still need downloading at some point and can't simply be avoided.
Using this 'disconnection' step, at what point do the hotfixes get downloaded?
Is it a case of updating to 1.14, then booting up the game online, and then getting all hotfixes one after another?

I struggle to see the advantage of this disconnection step and would appreciate getting a better understanding.

Ok lads I have done it and it worked, I must say I lost all of my saves, so I do not know how to get them cause I ordered 15 anniversary and I got 1 milion of credits but I didn't recieve cars,
I have done it by puting the disc in clicked on CHECK FOR UPDATES then downloading and instaling them, after each one I stoped download of next and entered game without e cable in my ps3, it took a 20 hours for me but it work and I'll play game from begining with pleasure! If you have connection issue contact me I have solution for all those problems!
I would like for someone who knows who to get cars or saves to explain to me all of you who have the same issue.
Thank you all very very much for help!
Lads when any of you will be in Zagreb contact me I'm buying beer!
PSN Id is Mika_zg_90

Quick question.

I assume the hotfixes still need downloading at some point and can't simply be avoided.
Only for the very last update. Any others are unnecessary as the subsequent update overrides the interim hotfix.
I struggle to see the advantage of this disconnection step and would appreciate getting a better understanding.
It stops the game from hunting for hotfixes or other updates after installation.

The reason they need to be installed one-by-one is to provide a stable base that you can go back to if the next update fails, not to provide a fully operable game - which won't happen until the last update is installed anyway.

I have a similar problem, except when it checks for latest update it says I'm on the latest version, but it still tries and updates when I go onto the game, and then it says that the update failed. Help?

I have a similar problem, except when it checks for latest update it says I'm on the latest version, but it still tries and updates when I go onto the game, and then it says that the update failed. Help?

Disable your Media server, then go to network connection, do it by wired connection, then put all to automatic but DNS use this DNS: primary 8 8 8 8 and secondary 8 8 4 4 (or this if that first doesn't work: primary 208 67 222 222 and secondary 208 67 220 220), rest to automatic and a MUST DO thing UPNP must be DISABLED!!
Then if you have game saves copy them to a empty USB, update your console to latest software version, delete all of your game data in game data utility, put your game disc in console and go to game press triangle button and check for updates, click yes to download when it is found wait till first update is downloaded and installed then on the next download press circle to stop it, unplug internet cable from console and press X button to start the game when you enter the game wait a little bit then quit the game plug internet cable in console and repeat process for each update like this, after some updatest when you start game hotfix window will open and say that he's preparing to download and update something (internet cable in that moment is unplug and it must stay like that) just confirm what it wants to download and install and wait a little, have a patience, it will take some time but it will be done, on the last update leave the cable in, start the game and hotfix will install very quickly and everything will be fine!! If you format your drive or change your HDD that USB with game saves, enter it in after all updates are instaled and copy to game saves and all your previous stuff should be there if not,enjoy like me in passing the game again! :D

Back