Help - how to duplicate/mirror audio in Win 10?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
breeminator
breeminator
I have the following setup:

1. Gaming PC connected to a freesync monitor via displayport that runs at 165hz
2. Recording PC that has an Elgato HD60. This works fine with a PS4, for example, where I connect the PS4 to the Elgato, then play using the Elgato output, which has both audio and video at 60hz.

The problem comes when I want to use the Elgato to record the PC video+audio. I have Win 10 set up to mirror the displayport output to HDMI, and this works absolutely fine for the video, I can game at 165hz on the gaming PC, and the Elgato records a 60hz version.

But, unbelievably, the audio isn't mirrored along with the video. I have searched for solutions to this - I've tried the stereo mix solution, audio router, chevolume, absolutely nothing is duplicating the audio to the Elgato.

How can this be so hard?!!!!!!!!

That's the "stereo mix" solution - I tried it but it didn't work for me. Also, people say it causes a delay, which would put the audio out of sync in my recording.

I've since discovered a totally different solution which is to not use the Elgato at all, and use NDI to send both video and audio to the capture PC:

https://www.obs.live/articles/2019/...h-two-pcs-using-obs-studio-and-the-ndi-plugin

The only obstacle to this is that I currently have my gaming PC on a different network to the capture PC, but I'll probably change that to give NDI a try.

Voicemeeter can duplicate outputs, along with a whole load of other useful things. (I use Voicemeeter Banana to downmix and EQ a second output for driving bass-shakers). I don't notice any delays, anyway, it's free to try :)

Back