HELP!!! I was playing GT6 and the game froze. Having no other option I pushed the power button on the PS3, It shut down and gave 3 quick beeps.(this part has happened before and returned to normal)
I turned it back on and got the did not shut down correctly message, so I let it do it's thing and it took about a minute to finish. but when I went to log back in I got this message in the pic. I tried to hit yes but it would go back to the same thing. So I shut the PS3 off again and this time it Shut down/Start up normally. but when I went back to GT6, the same thing happened.
So I quit the game and went and saved the game (not backup) data to a thumb drive.
If anyone has an idea of what is going on then please let me know.
If you haven't copied off your save to Playstation+ or a thumb drive before this happened then doing it after is unlikely to help. If there's a backup present you can delete your save from the PS3 and then restart GT6. When it sees there's no save but a backup it should ask you if you want to restore. I did this once with GT5 and it worked fine with only the loss of what I'd done in the session that crashed.
Just make sure that you have a copy of your save before you delete it.
I learned a long time ago that I need to make periodical backups of save games no matter the game or system. Unfortunately I'm in a similar spot though as my PS3 has the dreaded Yellow Light of Death currently and my most recent backup of GT6 data is several weeks old so if I can't reflow the PS3 system board I'm probably going to have to start over again if I ever get another working PS3.
Huh? This happened to me a lot of times in other games. Game froze, forced shutdown PS3 then PS3 restores itself but never once lose or corrupt a save data. Maybe your PS3 is dying.
Huh? This happened to me a lot of times in other games. Game froze, forced shutdown PS3 then PS3 restores itself but never once lose or corrupt a save data. Maybe your PS3 is dying.