Help - I'm becoming addicted to Grand Prix Legends!!

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 19 comments

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
It's true - I'm starting to manage to control the car properly, and getting some nice drifts going, and now all I want to do is play it some more - try to master the original Nurburging.

Anyone who's got a PC, a steering wheel and loves 'drift' type racing should get this game.

Like so many others before you. I don't think you will be able to recover from your new found sickness :P
I would play GPL, but the old cars just don't apeal to me. I like the stylish mean super fast cars of today. The only old cars i like are either a muscle car or an exotic.

I think it's the feeling of driving something weighing 5-600kg, making 400hp through bike tyres, and making it slide ('cos there's no grip!) - it's quite exhilirating holding the car in a 160mph slide (and then having an enormous crash further up the road at 190mph).

Originally posted by Ferrari 308
I have tried to play it since October 2000, but my PC is crap. I should have a new one in the next couple of months though.

(www.racesimcentral.com - for future reference if you need it). Good site.

Thanks for the tip - I love the full length Le Mans circuit - can't wait to get that loaded up!

Holy ****e, this game rocks!!

Damn you vat_man, you got me into thiss mess :D

Have you seen some of the cars you can download??

They look a LOT better than the default ones..

http://start.at/KOTR

Attachments

• fer48v.jpg
    fer48v.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 30
Just more pretty things to be senselessly smashed into things!

I've actually been away from it for a couple of weeks with TOCA, plus a couple of assignments I've got coming due (tomorrow in fact) - plus we're moving house in a couple of weeks. I can feel that itch starting, though...

Originally posted by CloneHead
vat_man, have you tried racing GPL online ??

Not yet, as my 'grunter' PC isn't on-line (my home internet PC is my battered old Toshy laptop).

However, as of the 21st of September, it will be - and, yes, I will be racing on-line, I can assure you!

Back