HELP: Intermittent controller issues and a missing car.

PS4

1. About a month ago (well before the big update) out of nowhere my controller failed to respond to my inputs, then decided to use multiple buttons on its own. The glitch lasted several seconds, and happened several times during about an hour. I figured the controller was just old, so I borrowed one from a friend. Same issue. At random the controller decides to not respond to my inputs (even the pause button won't work) and uses several buttons on its own, not just one. Usually it accelerates and turns left.

I have a friend that thinks this is a bluetooth issue, but no bluetooth devices have changed in the last month, and I've had no previous issues from day playing Gran Turismo.

I can't imagine it's the game itself, so I'm thinking it must be some sort of wireless connection issue, yes? The threads I've read on controller issues aren't exactly like this one, so I figured I'd ask if anyone had heard of such a thing.

2. I'm missing a car, and another isn't showing up in the right place.

When I go to Brand Central it shows that I have acquired the Red Bull X2019 Competition
When I got to My Garage and Car Collection it shows that I own it.
But when I go to Change Car, Select by Manufacturer, it's not listed under the Gran Turismo cars
And when I go to ALL cars, it's not there.
And finally, when I go to the Extra Menu for the Red Bull cars it doesn't show that I own it.
Lastly, I have not sold this car.

Any ideas???

Similarly,

I have the R32 GTR Nismo '90
I can find it in ALL cars
Yet if I search it by manufacturer, Nissan or Nismo, it's not listed

Is this because I put a livery on it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. the controllers are connected by BlueTooth to the console, so it actually might be the controlling unit within the console that is faulty. Having different controllers suffer the same issue is a strong indicator to this.

• 1. you purchased or got the car as a gift -> mark as acquired + will show up in collection
  • 2. you sell the car -> it is not in the garage because it is sold, but it seems it will still be marked as acquired (I am unsure about the later part of selling)

1. the controllers are connected by BlueTooth to the console, so it actually might be the controlling unit within the console that is faulty. Having different controllers suffer the same issue is a strong indicator to this.

• 1. you purchased or got the car as a gift -> mark as acquired + will show up in collection
  • 2. you sell the car -> it is not in the garage because it is sold, but it seems it will still be marked as acquired (I am unsure about the later part of selling)
I'm about to buy a PS5, so I'll see if I have the same problems with it as I do the PS4.

Not sure how to mark the car as acquired, it's already marked as acquired?
I never sold the car, but if I had, it would still show as acquired with the blue flag because I once had it, and still show in my collection for the same reason?

Can’t really help with the controller issues since I never owned a PS4 myself.

But the issue with the car is most likely you only have the anniversary edition of that car and never purchased or won the standard version that is in BC. The anniversary edition will suffice for the car collector part as in it will show you have acquired it, but does not count towards the extra menu. You will need to purchase or win the standard edition from BC to complete the extra menu. You can use either the standard or the anniversary edition in the Redbull X2019 race though.

Back