Help!! Is this a sign of eventual doom and heartbreak?!

• Thread starter KosmoKazi
  • 6 comments
United States
Michigan
KosmoKazi
I was recently playing alone, in a simulated race in preparation for an FIA event (lobby, with only myself in it). While I was playing, my AV system, including the PS4, switched off.

It seemed like maybe a power problem, but nothing else seemed to be impacted, so it was weird.

When I rebooted, after the usual interrupted power warning screen from the PS4 (a brand new PS4 Pro that I have only used for two days...) came up, it restarted, and I started GT Sport again.

When I did, the first time I went to the Sport menu, it 'hung up' with a screen like this:

upload_2020-6-9_20-24-18.jpeg

Just the cursor arrow and the background, no apparent activity and seemingly no moving on. So I held the PS button, closed GT Sport, and restarted it. I was able to play normally (thankfully no issues, I had a great FIA race at DTS-II this afternoon), no issues. Except I did notice this when I went to the garage:

upload_2020-6-9_20-25-51.jpeg

Some of the cars image are missing... they eventually re-populate, but it seems random, and it has been off/on while I played several arcade time trials and also put in a qualifying run for Daily Race A (did ok!).

I should say: I've seen this particular issue with the custom-liveried cars being missing on the garage page... and it resolved itself, but I am worried because I have never had the other issue before.

What I'm concerned with, is that it has done the blank screen thing like the first screen cap, three times in the last two hours, each time resolved by closing the app and restarting it. I did a complete shut down and restart of the PS4 once, and it still happened after.

Is there something I can do to assure that my GT Sport data will not be impacted, if something is wrong?! I would hate to lose all the progress and racing career history! I'm worried... I'm tech savvy but wonder if there is experience here that would help me resolve this.

I do plan to swap out the HDD in the new PS4 Pro with the 2 TB hybrid SSHD in my old machine, so if that present an opportunity to fix this, that's good.

But I don't want to back up this current database if that is the thing that is messed up... so I'm stuck wondering what the best course of action is. Delete the game from the machine and re-install it? What do I need to do to make sure my game save is intact when I do that?

THANKS for any help...

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-9_20-24-18.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-9_20-24-18.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 6
  • upload_2020-6-9_20-25-51.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-9_20-25-51.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 8
I was recently playing alone, in a simulated race in preparation for an FIA event (lobby, with only myself in it). While I was playing, my AV system, including the PS4, switched off.

It seemed like maybe a power problem, but nothing else seemed to be impacted, so it was weird.

When I rebooted, after the usual interrupted power warning screen from the PS4 (a brand new PS4 Pro that I have only used for two days...) came up, it restarted, and I started GT Sport again.

When I did, the first time I went to the Sport menu, it 'hung up' with a screen like this:

View attachment 928885

Just the cursor arrow and the background, no apparent activity and seemingly no moving on. So I held the PS button, closed GT Sport, and restarted it. I was able to play normally (thankfully no issues, I had a great FIA race at DTS-II this afternoon), no issues. Except I did notice this when I went to the garage:

View attachment 928886

Some of the cars image are missing... they eventually re-populate, but it seems random, and it has been off/on while I played several arcade time trials and also put in a qualifying run for Daily Race A (did ok!).

I should say: I've seen this particular issue with the custom-liveried cars being missing on the garage page... and it resolved itself, but I am worried because I have never had the other issue before.

What I'm concerned with, is that it has done the blank screen thing like the first screen cap, three times in the last two hours, each time resolved by closing the app and restarting it. I did a complete shut down and restart of the PS4 once, and it still happened after.

Is there something I can do to assure that my GT Sport data will not be impacted, if something is wrong?! I would hate to lose all the progress and racing career history! I'm worried... I'm tech savvy but wonder if there is experience here that would help me resolve this.

I do plan to swap out the HDD in the new PS4 Pro with the 2 TB hybrid SSHD in my old machine, so if that present an opportunity to fix this, that's good.

But I don't want to back up this current database if that is the thing that is messed up... so I'm stuck wondering what the best course of action is. Delete the game from the machine and re-install it? What do I need to do to make sure my game save is intact when I do that?

THANKS for any help...

GT Sport save data is saved on the cloud, so you’re good to delete the game and reinstall - you’ll get everything back when you open the game back up. If you’re still unsure, you could try saving your data to the cloud through PS+ first, then retrieving said data when you’ve reinstalled the game.

something like that happened to me this past couple of weeks, but i didn't do anything, i just kept playing... I currently have Zero Memory left for replays, ghost, or photos... so i am dismissing my situation to my memory issue...

it could be yours as well, combine with some Server issue going on...

I don't know. Mine did this almost every time for a week and a half or so at one point, then just stopped. No idea what happened, but I was often able to skirt it by just waiting on ps4 to be on a couple minutes before I started gt sport, then waiting a bit to do anything else after it opened. It just cleared itself up anyway somehow so never dug into it too much.
Hope it gets better

Thanks, I’ll probably back it up to PSN account cloud as suggested, do the HDD swap, and hope it clears up. Hate that the setup lost power or whatever that was that conked it all out, but hopefully it’s not damaged.

my replay and GT Sport library are pretty much cleared out, so that wasn’t an issue, but who knows. The HD is nearly maxed, so maybe that’s a factor. But it wasn’t doing that before the power interruption.

i may run that procedure to reorganize the HDD structure, first, just to sort it out. Ran it occasionally on old PS4 from time to time as recommended.

I can't comment on the blank menu screen, but the missing thumbnails on it's own I know all to well.
I played with a HDD that was slowly crapping out for about 18 months and would routinely freeze the game mid race and only way out was a hard power off.
Loosing most, if not all thumbnails on the reboot happened almost every time so I'd say that's pretty common. ( dozens of times )
Opening the garage and walking away for up to 5 mins to let them restore on their own always sorted things out in the end so you might be looking at two unrelated problems.
I don't know about the blank menu, but a game re install would be my first reaction.

I also had this after power fails.
Just reinstall the game from scratch, go to your garage and wait for all the cars to reload (takes about 5minutes). You shouldn’t lose anything, I didn’t even back mine up. I’ve had to do this twice now, no issues either time (except the time loss and hassle of it). 👍

Latest Posts

Back