HELP! Livery won't save, stuck rendering

p78
This been happening more and more lately.

How i avoid this from happening (dunno if it's only me tho?), but i try and put on a decal i downloaded. if it appears save, but if it doens't load, i know my livery isn't gonna render either.
You're not the only one, I never had problems with decals though. Even when you have to simply change oil and you see the car doesn't appear, that is a sign you can't load and edit that style either. I never had such issues in GT Sport.

Sick to death of this issue. Had to remake a livery because it got lost by this issue that PD don't seem to care about. Saved literally every 4 or 5 decals and sometimes it would be fine. But then came the dreaded spinning circles which means you can only have 1 option - quit the game and lose that small amount of progress. The thumbnail design was always present, I could click it and edit the design which I would then save as and delete the original. Seemed to work. Then it happened again only this time when clicking on the design it just gives the spinning circle, can't even edit it or resave. Honestly, I'm done with this game. If they could just put half the effort into fixing bugs as they do for plugging the stupid VGT programme then maybe it would be a smooth, fully functioning game. Boils my piss.

Last edited:
I might have found a solution for this, I could successfully recover 3 out of 3 cars having this annoying problem.

Go the the options and delete the Network out of temporary dates.

Then your car should again load in the GT Auto menu and you should be able to edit and share it again.

You have to repeat this with every stuck livery.

Last edited:
p78
This been happening more and more lately.

How i avoid this from happening (dunno if it's only me tho?), but i try and put on a decal i downloaded. if it appears save, but if it doens't load, i know my livery isn't gonna render either.
This doesn't work for me.

I've been stuck with this issue on a complex livery tonight, whenever I would open it and try to save some changes, the game would hang on the rendering like everyone said. Even trying "save as" instead of overwriting wouldn't work.

However I had saved that livery and bodywork as a global style. I applied a different style to the car to do some sort of "reset", then I applied again my custom style and from there, I used the option to create a new livery based on the current style. I did my changes and when I saved it worked.

Maybe this can work directly by creating a new livery without the styles switch beforehand, but that's how I did it.

It's been doing it on me today wow I was creating a livery I am planning on keeping to myself. GT Auto doesn't seem to be loading properly.

Last edited:
I've been stuck with this issue on a complex livery tonight, whenever I would open it and try to save some changes, the game would hang on the rendering like everyone said. Even trying "save as" instead of overwriting wouldn't work.

However I had saved that livery and bodywork as a global style. I applied a different style to the car to do some sort of "reset", then I applied again my custom style and from there, I used the option to create a new livery based on the current style. I did my changes and when I saved it worked.

Maybe this can work directly by creating a new livery without the styles switch beforehand, but that's how I did it.
Confirmed this works. The livery wouldn't save again. I just used the option to create a new livery based off the current state of the car instead of trying to open the faulty livery. Made my changes and the save worked.

Confirmed this works. The livery wouldn't save again. I just used the option to create a new livery based off the current state of the car instead of trying to open the faulty livery. Made my changes and the save worked.
I was doing it with my Toyota GT-ONE (TS020) bit it loads slowly and may not work.

Any ideas on this one, done multiple saves of my super eagles car as lots of pattern work involved, on my last attempt it wouldn't render.

Now it won't load from existing list or from create new as the car is now

Do I just have to accept its gone?

Yeah just been on for the first time today and it still won't load, looks like I'm starting again
So you got the rendering stuck yesterday. Don't delete the style, the last save is ok. In this case, I generally revert the car to its original livery, and - wait I have to turn the console on

Ok, Restore Original and apply it, exit so it's 100% done. Then Load Style, preferably from My Items, whatever style, its not important, download it, don't apply, back to Open Design, load a different style, not the one stuck, exit it and try to load the stuck one again. If if doesnt work try again all the procedure (except Restore Original) till it gets unlocked
edit: I just did it and it worked, ironically the style I chose was stuck, LOL.

Last edited:
Ok, Restore Original and apply it, exit so it's 100% done. Then Load Style, preferably from My Items, whatever style, its not important, download it, don't apply, back to Open Design, load a different style, not the one stuck, exit it and try to load the stuck one again. If if doesnt work try again all the procedure (except Restore Original) till it gets unlocked
edit: I just did it and it worked, the style I chose was stuck, LOL.
That has worked perfectly, thanks ever so much you've saved me hours starting from scratch 😀

Back