Help! Maintenance messed up my DGFT

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chevy Heavy
  • 15 comments
  • 2,153 views
Messages
905
United States
Space Coast
Messages
Chevy_Heavy
Hi, I'm new to the forums. So while I was waiting for online to come back I was doing the Vettel X Challenge. In the middle of one of the laps the car just coasts to a stop. So I try to back out of the race figuring the maintenance was finished and it takes like 2 minutes to finally leave the event. I entered the seasonal events and the x and o buttons aren't working on either the wheel or controller. I reset the game and same thing. If I unplug the wheel, the DS3 works fine until I plug the wheel back in and then neither works. So I can't use my wheel now where I've never had a problem with it before. Somehow when the server came back up it screwed up my wheel. Has this happened to anyone else and any suggestions on fixing the problem? Thanks in advance.
 
Hi, I'm new to the forums. So while I was waiting for online to come back I was doing the Vettel X Challenge. In the middle of one of the laps the car just coasts to a stop. So I try to back out of the race figuring the maintenance was finished and it takes like 2 minutes to finally leave the event. I entered the seasonal events and the x and o buttons aren't working on either the wheel or controller. I reset the game and same thing. If I unplug the wheel, the DS3 works fine until I plug the wheel back in and then neither works. So I can't use my wheel now where I've never had a problem with it before. Somehow when the server came back up it screwed up my wheel. Has this happened to anyone else and any suggestions on fixing the problem? Thanks in advance.

When you have both the wheel and the DS3 plugged in at the same time, you need to assign the DS3 as controller 1 (otherwise it will be controller 2 and only usable in split-screen racing).

As to why the DFGT doesn't work, I have no idea. Is it just x and o that doesn't work, or doesn't it work at all?
 
Yeah I had the DS3 set up before as either controller 1 or 2 and never had this problem. For some reason the wheel just isn't working properly and it screws up the DS3 also. If I unplug the DFGT than the DS3 works fine. The wheel was working fine until the servers came back and now it's screwed up. It's really frustrating.
 
Got no problems before/after server update with ds3 or dfgt. Turn off ps3 -dfgt for few minutes and it might help.
 
if you have a FAT ps3 ... its best to use the left USBsocket or when vertical the bottom one for your DFGT ...

(don't know if this has anything to do with your issue ... but i experienced some (quite similar) issues a few years back ... and found this solution through a google search)

I doubt that it has anything to do with servers up and down ... it might be just a coincidence ... and hardware failure ... was it a recently purchased wheel?
 
Last edited:
I hope it gets sorted out for you. I'm now worried for my own DFP as I haven't played in a few days cause i'm waiting for the update.
 
That sounds like a hardware failure. I have always turned my PS3 on with the DS3 and plugged in my wheel (DFGT) after GT has loaded up and played with my DS3 plugged in (charges while I race). The wheel automatically becomes controller 1 (could be because the DS3 is in the second USB slot).

Your wheel either failed while racing or a cable came loose somewhere. I don't think server maintenance had anything to do with it.
 
Thanks for the input guys. I just had a chance to check it out again and I feel such like an idiot. The cable had worked itself loose from the wheel but had still appeared to be attached. I had associated it with the maintenance because it happened to occur at the same time. Well it's time to hop in my LLC Rocket and tear up Suzuka.
 
If you're no longer under warranty or if you're loaded then try opening up the wheel and checking the switches. Twist the membrane under the buttons until you get a firm tactile "click" from buttons when you press them.
 
Thanks for the input guys. I just had a chance to check it out again and I feel such like an idiot. The cable had worked itself loose from the wheel but had still appeared to be attached. I had associated it with the maintenance because it happened to occur at the same time. Well it's time to hop in my LLC Rocket and tear up Suzuka.


Man, i cannot tell you how many times that happened to me when i used to use the DGFT :banghead:
Especially the connector betwix the wheel and pedals! It really is the worst connector i have ever experienced with any product :lol:
What it really needs, is two small screws, either side of the plug, like on a PC tower used to have before everything went USB, so you can screw it tightly into the socket.

I used to criss-cross two elastic bands that wrapped around the front of the wheel section and hooked over the plug's hooked edges. That used to keep it held on there really well, without having to cover your DGFT in sticky tape or something :) Excuse the hasty and shoddy photoshop here:

1402260053030106.jpg


I know it won't look particularly nice :lol: but it will stop you from suddenly losing power in the middle of an important part of a race you are on.

Just, also, to pre-empt a possible future DFGT wheel issues you might get:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/driving-force-pro-pedal-problems.43686/#post-1496051

The above links to forum user ppith's post on how to fix this problem: Some people experience a problem with the brake pedal constantly engaging at around 10%, as it were and it is a game breaking experience. Please don't get me wrong, i'm not saying you WILL experience this, but I did, so i thought i'd post up the link on how to fix it at home, with no need to send it back to Logitech, should you not want to. Again, it may never happen to you, but i thought if it does, no harm in letting other DFGT users know of a fix to a potential issue, specific to this wheel.

I'm onto a G27 now and it is fantastic, but the DFGT is still a great wheel, maybe not so much the pedals tho for Gran Turismo. Maybe you already have modded your brake pedal, but if not, this youtube link has a good, simple, easy mod that won't involve opening any of the machine parts. Just using a piece of foam, cut to a specific shape is all :) Really helps a lot, in my experience !

 
Dimebolt, thanks for the suggestions. I've never really had a problem with the connector before, that's why I was so puzzled. Now the pedals, that's another story. On my original DF wheel this was a recurring problem. I can't tell you how many times I had to open those pedals up and fix 'em. So much that I upgraded to the DFGT when it came out. Luckily I haven't had that issue with this wheel. I wish I could upgrade to a G27, however that's not an option at this time. Hopefully your links will help somebody experiencing this problem.
 
As soon as I read the OP, I knew what the culprit would be. Glad it's all sorted, I have this happen quite regularly.
 
That also used to happen to me with the X cars. It was even worse in GT5. I adopted the same solution as Dimebolt. 👍
 
Thanks for the input guys. I just had a chance to check it out again and I feel such like an idiot. The cable had worked itself loose from the wheel but had still appeared to be attached. I had associated it with the maintenance because it happened to occur at the same time. Well it's time to hop in my LLC Rocket and tear up Suzuka.
I did this last week with mine....traced the issue....crisis resolved.
 
That sounds like a hardware failure. I have always turned my PS3 on with the DS3 and plugged in my wheel (DFGT) after GT has loaded up and played with my DS3 plugged in (charges while I race). The wheel automatically becomes controller 1 (could be because the DS3 is in the second USB slot).

Your wheel either failed while racing or a cable came loose somewhere. I don't think server maintenance had anything to do with it.

You're probably right, but I had something happen to me yesterday too. I had just finished the second 15 minute race in the Int A license (Ascari I think) and was stopping the replay when the station just hung with the screen flickering on and off and when on it looked like white snow interspersed across the picture. No interaction from either my wheel or DS3 would work. Then it finally went black and I had to reboot the box eventually. When the game started up again there was no record of the race results and I had to go back and run it again. Frustrating as heck. Haven't had anything like that happen at all before or since.
 
Back