Help me beat the Veyron!

• Thread starter Racedude
  • 16 comments
Mexico
Tijuana
JuveraTj
Hello, don't know if asked before, but anyone has a gearing for the SL 65 AMG good enough to beat the veyron in accel and top speed? I'm currently using AUTO:25.
Hope that GT5 includes the new one with 7 gears and the same crazy tuning than in GT4.:drool:
NOTE: My SL 65 has 999HP

Last edited:
Acceleration times will be extremely difficult to match without TCS, nitrous, and a very odd setup but I think top speed would just need properly adjusted gearing.

I know that the Lotus Esprit Sport 350 and other variants can hit 250+ mph without nitrous, haven't really done much with the SL65 aside from trying to make it driveable on S3 tires with 999hp.

For a start, find stats about the Veyron (It will do 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds, and 0-186 mph in 16.7 seconds , for a start), then do basic tuning. Set the rear ride height lower than the front (to increase lift), and increase Camber for more grip. :)

Camber increases the surface area of the tire, giving it more grip, right? This will reduce top speed, but it will help traction.

No. It can increase the area of the tire in contact with the road when cornering but it reduces it at all other times.

I wish you had a lil bit of negative camber for drag specific tunes. Most cars with independent rear suspension as they travel camber camber changes. so give it negative camber so when the the suspension contracts the wheels do this / \ reducing forward pull. but make them do this \ / so when the suspension contracts you end up with your wheels like this | |

Ah but the thing is exactly as you said, the "correct" geometry is to give negative camber on contraction and positive camber on expansion... So ideally we'd be able to use positive camber angles.

Sorry for the confusion, but I realized that acceleration is not comparable because the Veyron has 7 gears and 4WD, while the SL 65 has 5 gears and RWD

You could probably match the Veyron's performance with one of the 3000GT's, though.

Actually, Ive made a 3k gt do just over 300mph so I beleive its possible. 96' VR-4 turbo full tune.

Edit: I just finished a 3kgt that is only slightly slower than the Veyrons 0-60mph and 0-100mph times and the top speed is at 272mph(with nos because the run was too short). was able to reach 250mph without nos though.
Note: make sure the car is clean before your run.

98 vr-4

Race everything except
Stage 1 weight
1.5 way Diff.
S3 tires

Suspension
Rates 6.8/ 3.8
Bound 3/3
Rebound 4/4
Camber 1.5/0.5
Toe 0/0
Stabilizers 4/4