Help me become a better driver.

• Thread starter Vaporduff
  • 1 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi there GTPlanet, new user but played all gt games through my life. Always thought I was pretty good at these games but once I’m up against online competition I’ve realised I’m about middle of the pack.

My driver rating has stayed at b from the start and sportsmanship has went from b to c back and forth. Always driving fair and trying to avoid collisions.

I’ve golded nearly all of the challenges but I’m still not improving. I think maybe understeer is my main problem, I’m always not taking turns from out wide like I see in the tutorial’s. Any tips would be much appreciated guys and feel free to add me on psn : Vaporduff.

Hi there GTPlanet, new user but played all gt games through my life. Always thought I was pretty good at these games but once I’m up against online competition I’ve realised I’m about middle of the pack.

My driver rating has stayed at b from the start and sportsmanship has went from b to c back and forth. Always driving fair and trying to avoid collisions.

I’ve golded nearly all of the challenges but I’m still not improving. I think maybe understeer is my main problem, I’m always not taking turns from out wide like I see in the tutorial’s. Any tips would be much appreciated guys and feel free to add me on psn : Vaporduff.
I don't watch a lot of livestreams but I stumbled upon this one last night and this particular lap is a thing of beauty to watch. The driver is @gtr3123. Take note in particular of how much of the track he uses. At the exit of each corner he runs right out to the curbing where appropriate. Each apex is clipped. The chicane is straightened out as much as possible. Look at how much time he spends on the throttle. Notice how buttery smooth the inputs are. This to me is a clinic on how to drive Suzuka but the examples provided apply to any track. Use the whole track, hit your apexes, be on the throttle as much as possible. I queued up the video to the appropriate lap:

Back