Help me decide what game(s) to buy for $30XBOne 

The BF deals are about to end. I got $30 to spare - I've shortlisted a few but can't decide if I want to get Hitman, Mafia III, GTA5, Skyrim, Ghost Recon or Fallout 4. I don't trust reviews anymore, as frankly, I think 80% of them are biased in some way or the other. I'd love to have personal experiences and views coming from you lads (and gals).

I'm somewhat burned out on driving games as they have been a disappointment this year (yes, that's you CARS2, FM7 and D4).

So I'm looking for a good time kill, good campaign and replay value - anything that's action/adventure and great storytelling.

The BF deals are about to end. I got $30 to spare - I've shortlisted a few but can't decide if I want to get Hitman, Mafia III, GTA5, Skyrim, Ghost Recon or Fallout 4. I don't trust reviews anymore, as frankly, I think 80% of them are biased in some way or the other. I'd love to have personal experiences and views coming from you lads (and gals).

I'm somewhat burned out on driving games as they have been a disappointment this year (yes, that's you CARS2, FM7 and D4).

So I'm looking for a good time kill, good campaign and replay value - anything that's action/adventure and great storytelling.

Of the games you listed, I played Skyrim (X360), GTA V (X360/XOne) and Fallout 4 (XOne), so I can't talk about the others. If I were you, I'd go with GTA V. It's a massive game, there's plenty of things do (main/side missions, collectibles, cool areas and easter eggs to discover) and It has a great story with three well-characterized protagonists. Skyrim and F4 also feature huge worlds ready to be explored but they didn't capture me as much as their predecessors (Oblivion and F3/New Vegas), mainly in terms of lore and general atmosphere. That being said, they can still provide lots of hours of quality gameplay, just like GTA.

Thanks guys! I'm leaning bit toward GTA5. Seems like it has insane replay value. And the story mode is going to take me a while to end I reckon.

Fallout 4 is a Bethesda game isn't it? Not a big fan but will check out the game in the near future once it goes on sale again. I was thinking Ghost Recon too but hear it gets repetitive and has hard-to-ignore bugs.

My pick would actually be Hitman.

Its a massively under appreciated title, with a huge amount of replayability, and also presents a good challenge in terms of getting every unlock and assassination condition you can.

I really want to get that one Scaff, but at the time of the sale, it only gave me the option of picking up some special GOTY ed or something like that, which was a bit overpriced.

Anyhow, it looks like work got the best of me - I logged in to Live to see I had missed the sale by a day! :banghead:

My Gold also expires in a few days, so not sure what value I'll be getting once the Holiday sales arrive. But I'm holding on to me cash until then, and pretty sure it's going to be a tie between Hitman and GTA5.

Back