Help me drift

• Thread starter Sander 001
  • 4 comments
Beginner here, though I did some drifting in GT 5+6. I remember doing well with 4WD as it was easier; is that still the case? Specific cars you can recommend? Tracks?

And what I should do for setup?

Also, this will be my first time drifting with a wheel!

Last edited:
Drifting with a controller is a lot easier and I found drifting with a G25 wheel in GT5 and GT6 nearly impossible.
Luckily GT Sport has a lot better physics and it can be done. However, in 3 months I've learned just enough to make it through a drift trial without spinning out or crashing, but the scores are nowhere near what I could do with a controller.
Choose a track that is wide enough and a RWD car with not that much power. MK4 Supra feels fairly easy to me.
And be prepared for a workout as it will wear you out quickly lol

Set your FFB strenght to something under 5, imho it‘s a lot harder to do proper entries in GTS than in GT5/6 where I was able to pull off 360 entries at Trial Mountain and to full manji on some tracks. In GTS I can‘t do that yet :boggled:

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one struggling when trying to drift with a wheel for the first time.
I even tried 1st and 2nd gear sliding donuts on the open pan at Suzuka, so difficult! Not mentioning trying to hold any sort of slide. Alot of practice ahead!

Back