Help me identify these two old Sega CD games...

• Thread starter ~JoeGT1~
  • 12 comments
One was a driving RPG type thing, and the other was a futuristic fighting game.

The fighting game was weird. There was a representative for each planet in the solar system. Either a robot or a monster or something. Earth had a robot. You'd fight them on their planets. That's all I remember.

The driving RPG was extremely hard. The story was that your girlfriend or something was kidnapped and you had to rescue her. You had to drive this car perfectly and avoid situations or you'd get a FMV showing a car crash or something. It was really hard.

I can't think at all of what the names of these games could be. :(

Wow...ya got me. All I remember of the Sega CD is Lunar (BEST.GAME.EVER!) and Out of This World. The games you describe don't even ring a bell. :dunce:

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
I wonder if the fighting game was Eternal Champions?

Yeah, that's about right, I think. I've never actually played EC, but it sounds close.

As for the driving game...there were a ton of bad FMV "games" for the Sega CD...so take your pick.

No, the fighting game wasn't Eternal Champions. It was something different.

I got the fighting one when I rented the Sega CD system from my rental store. It had a little pack of games for it and that was one of them. In the pack was also Sherlock Holmes and another one. It's been a long time and I would've been about 6 or 7. I'd always rent it with Sonic CD.

I'm not sure of the FMV driving game came with the pack though. The more I think about it though, it was pure crap. Too hard.

Wow I should have seen this question ages ago.

It sounds like the fighting game is Black Hole Assault and the driving game that shows FMV footage of a car crash when you mess up and it was a pack in game? Could only be Road Avenger.

Case closed.

Yeah don't think I didn't see that before I posted but I just couldn't leave a question unanswered if I knew the answer. Even on something that means so little in the overall scheme of things.

GTFail...

Difficult to know how to reply to such a thoughtful response but I will try.

Yes the posts are incredibly old. I know because I went to the last page because I wanted to see what kind of things people were talking about back then. I saw this post and I answered it because it bugs me seeing things unanswered and I dont care how long ago it was and it is hard to justify even to myself why I had to answer after even checking every poster in the thread whether they were still around and not one of them is.

In the end, what is the actual problem?

Difficult to know how to reply to such a thoughtful response but I will try.

Yes the posts are incredibly old. I know because I went to the last page because I wanted to see what kind of things people were talking about back then. I saw this post and I answered it because it bugs me seeing things unanswered and I dont care how long ago it was and it is hard to justify even to myself why I had to answer after even checking every poster in the thread whether they were still around and not one of them is.

In the end, what is the actual problem?
There is no problem. I was trying to make a joke.

Back