Help me out

• Thread starter Corey
  • 18 comments

Corey

"The (Administrator) Man"
Staff Emeritus
Recently (this week), I have been hired to do a flash introduction to a site (this site happens to be a night club site).  It is due at the end of the weekend, so it'll have to be done pretty soon.  What I would like you to do is go to the link below to view the intro (must have flash 4).  Tell me what you think.  Tell me how the speed is, how fast it loads (does it take forever??), does everything move smoothly, do the sounds sound good (particularly the opening voice).  Questions/Answers like that.  Feel free to say whatever you want.  I am trying to hand out the best product I can, and I need your help.

Thank you in advance.

The link:  http://www.xpiso.com/projects/club/light.html

I don't know if internet connection speed has anything to do with loading speed, but I'm on a 56k modem, and it took like 15 seconds to load. A lot faster than most sites I go to.

That was honestly one of the coolest things I've seen when opening up a site. The guy breakdancing was cool. When I put my mouse cursor over one of those large 8 circles, and the thin circular ring shot out, I thought that was awesome.

The music was good, everything flowed together, and ran excellent on my computer. I didn't see any glitches. I also didn't see anything stop moving(like the dancing guy, or the circles).

The voice was a lil' hard to understand at first, but after 2 times of listening to it, I finally understood exactly what she was saying. I think it was kinda difficult to understand her because of the echo. But the echo does sound sweet, so I don't really know what else you could do.

Very good job in my opinion. Whoever you're building that for shouldn't be disappointed at all. Good Luck, and hope they like it :D :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quote: from Josh on 7:25 pm on July 28, 2001[br]I don't know if internet connection speed has anything to do with loading speed, but I'm on a 56k modem, and it took like 15 seconds to load. A lot faster than most sites I go to.
Yes, connection speed has a lot to di with loading speed.  15 seconds to me sounds like a lot, but I'm on a cable modem (:D), so that is why I am asking all of you--to test it on different connections.  I need it to be as fast as I can get it.  I'm glad to see that it did not take long for you (as it will probably not take long on others either).

Thank you very much for your comments.  I'm glad you liked it.  

You're welcome man.

15 seconds loading time on my computer is very good. To tell you the truth, yahoo, mkiv.com, sportbikes.net, and a LOT of other forums/websites I visit take 2 to 3 times longer to load than that one of yours does.

I can't wait to get a cable/DSL modem....

:shocked:  Wow!

Excellent job, man.  As you know, I'm on a 56k myself, and it took me 16 seconds to download, which I consider very speedy.  To put it this way, I never approached boredom waiting for it to download.

The design/layout also works very nicely.  Here's the only things that I think could make it better: 1) The club's logo gets slightly pixelated as it zooms in and out.  Would a higher quality image fix that?  2) The yellow text when you mouseover one of the circles is hard to read on top of the logo.  A different color font or location (for example, right below the logo) would help.

Of course, it looks great as it is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.  Let us know as you update the site so we can keep checking it out!  :)

Thank you Jordan.  Your comments are much appreciated.  I will look into changing those things.

You're welcome.  I think the club owner will be very pleased.  It will look great in your portfolio, too!  :)

Good.  Good.  I am glad to hear that.  I recently updated it, and am posting it to my client.

Thanks again to all that have replied.  You have all been a big help!

I recently updated it, and am posting it to my client.
Yeah, the new circle buttons with the text look much better.!  :thumbsup:

That sure is a fast dialup, Phil!  :eek:

Very nice Corey, your expertise shows.  I wish I knew what you do, but all in time.  
Nice opening and too all of 14 seconds to download.  Im on DSL at work and thats how long she took.  Good work.  
This must be the moderator thread.  LOL
Later.

Thank you all for your replies.  The client loved it, and you all helped a lot.  I thank you for your support and comments.  You've helped me put the best end product I could.

Thanks again.

Back