- 6,899
- GTP_event / kevinr6287 (farming account)
Well, I had a car planned out to get, but this happened:
It was my brothers car. He is going to college on August 19th. My dad and I had planned to buy the car off of him since he won't need one for college. Then, my brother, decides he wants to stay at the place he is currently working at, a restaurant in our town. The college is only 20 miles away (ugh...) and he wants to keep his car, now. He says that if I buy his car off of him, I would have to give up my Friday nights to drive 20 miles to pick him up and 20 miles back on my gasoline to bring him to work. Plus, this will mean that he will be staying at home on the weekends (double ugh...). The only way he won't be home is if I don't buy his car. I NEED A CAR BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS ON AUGUST 25th!!! I will not ride the bus as a senior!! None of my friends live near me, so I cannot count on a ride.
My mission to you, if you choose to accept it, is to help me find a car for me to drive. Here are the guidelines:
It was my brothers car. He is going to college on August 19th. My dad and I had planned to buy the car off of him since he won't need one for college. Then, my brother, decides he wants to stay at the place he is currently working at, a restaurant in our town. The college is only 20 miles away (ugh...) and he wants to keep his car, now. He says that if I buy his car off of him, I would have to give up my Friday nights to drive 20 miles to pick him up and 20 miles back on my gasoline to bring him to work. Plus, this will mean that he will be staying at home on the weekends (double ugh...). The only way he won't be home is if I don't buy his car. I NEED A CAR BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS ON AUGUST 25th!!! I will not ride the bus as a senior!! None of my friends live near me, so I cannot count on a ride.
My mission to you, if you choose to accept it, is to help me find a car for me to drive. Here are the guidelines:
- Must be under $650 (I'm not rich)
- Must be running
- Must have good Gas mileage
- Preffered models (1984 or later): Cavalier, Neon, Escort, Camry, Tercel, Olds 88 (the model of my ass-brother's car), other economy cars (please, no Korean cars...
)
- Preffered to have AC, not mandatory
- Must be in good condition, as little rust as possible, no structural damage, only minor dings.
- Manual or Automatic, if it is manual, I can learn from my dad
- Prefferably within 40 or 50 miles of my house (if you need my zip code, it's 60510), I don't want to spend $400 on shipping
- Use your jugement, if you were in my situation and needed a car to get to school and back and work and back and had limited funds, would you drive it?