Help me please (Grand Theft Auto IV Multiplayer)

• Thread starter JaeDan 101
  • 3 comments
United States
Los Santos, San Andreas
complex_remark8
I tried to join a free mode session in GTA IV multiplayer and every after a few seconds, the game freezes. I even restarted my device, it's still not working. Is this a glitch? Or maybe a player is trying to hack me? Here are some info:

Platform: PS3
Storage: Lots of free space
Disk: Very clean, no scratches and dust
Attached to the TV: I use a High Definition HDMI on my PS3 attached on my HDTV
Internet connection: 18.58 mbps download and 12.70 mbps upload

I am new here and this is my very first thread :)

Welcome to GT Planet

As a person who plays GTA V and previously it's predecessor I have some info which may help with your situation.

Multiplayer in Grand Theft Auto IV is hosted on the PlayStation Network (PlayStation). The game requires a working internet connection and supports up to 16 players (Xbox and PlayStation), and up to 32 (PC), you connect to online using the multiplayer option in your cell phone.

Did you try to create a new session or just join free mode because if you picked the later no one else may be playing at present..

I will try and test my copy of the game a bit later today, I am not sure anyone still plays though and I know the PC version of the online multiplayer was removed due to licencing issues so it may be the PS3 server has followed suit..

Report back a bit later!

Did you try to create a new session or just join free mode because if you picked the later no one else may be playing at present..
I tried to create a new session but this dude kept on joining the session. I don't know why. After a few days, this situation is now fixed. And I still wanted to know if this is a glitch or a hack.

I am not sure anyone still plays though
No, a while ago I just played with 11 players. GTA IV multiplayer is still active in 2021.

Anyway, thanks for replying :)

I tried to create a new session but this dude kept on joining the session. I don't know why. After a few days, this situation is now fixed. And I still wanted to know if this is a glitch or a hack.

No, a while ago I just played with 11 players. GTA IV multiplayer is still active in 2021.

Anyway, thanks for replying :)

Good to know!

Just to explain the first point but the reason a person can get back in is down to the PSN system when it comes to games as whilst it's not a well know/used feature the Games you played people with has a history of the games played so if a person has been in a session with you they can sometimes slip back in uninvited!

I don't think that feature shows anymore for GTA V/IV so you should be back to normal hopefully!

Back