Help me understand what makes a specific car so good in the seasonal events

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxfai
  • 8 comments
  • 1,674 views
Messages
34
Messages
foxfai
So let me get this, they limited HP, weight and specific tires.

I cap a car to 394hp, tuned the gear ratio for the specific track, lowered the weight to the lowest that is allowed to go into that event, and still get beating by a specific car by like 15 sec.

What makes that car so special?
 
Abity to mechanically outperform you as a driver by margin of 15 seconds and possibly even larger?
 
Few sec or 5 sec maybe, but 15? Also, you don't see the online record of the top 100 using a different car. So everyone is just picking that same car and run it to the top.

:scared:
 
Some things to consider (just going off of my real life experience):

-Wheel Base
-Powerband
-Drivetrain Layout: 2WD F or R, 4WD, Mid Engine/Front Engine/Rear Engine
-Weight Distribution
-Braking Power
-Aero: Downforce Generated/Lowered Drag
-Low weight rotating components (drivetrain, like wheels or flywheel)
-Ride Height/Center of Gravity
-Alignment (Camber/Toe)
-Suspension Geometry (how the car gains/loses camber and toe)
-Size of tires -Not sure how this applies to the game, which poses a good question:

Do the dimensions of the tires (width and overal diameter) in GT5 change when you upgrade the compound? Or does 1 particular car have "locked" tire dimensions where the only "changeable" variable is the tire compound?

This might help to explain the time difference, as "Tire to Weight" ratio is a HUGE factor in performance in real life and I would imagine it would be no different in a simulator. Though I would suspect that 15 seconds (respectfully speaking) probably has more to do with driving input than ultimate pace.
 
I would like to know, but with restrictions removed it'll be more difficult. I did the Audi TT race with a stock TT, comfort softs I think. Worked my way easy up past the other 14 cars but the Evora was just unbeatable as are all AI driven MR cars. Like the Super GT/JGTC race, all the NSXes were up front.
 
To add to what Forcednduckshn said in regards to real world conditions, also consider torque (peak and spread), LSD settings (behaviour both on and off the power and in transient conditions), polar moment of inertia and torsional rigidity.

Some of these can be affected in game, some can't, but as above unless you've selected completely the wrong car, you're not going to find 15 seconds in set-up...
 
Some of these can be affected in game, some can't, but as above unless you've selected completely the wrong car, you're not going to find 15 seconds in set-up...

it probably also has something to do with his driving abilities. i'm not trying to hate or anything. but he should analyse his lap and figure out where he could go faster.
 
You are correct, there are a lot of misc factors in a car that will make a car run good in a track better then others, but I really didn't think it should be that much of a margin compare to a similar car.

For example, the seasonal GT-R race. I love this race. I brought the only GT-R that I already have tuned to the specific cap and went in. No matter how I tune this car, it simply could not catch opponent #4. I spend probably about 4 hours in this car and didn't want to give up.

So I read about people using the GT-R Vspec '09 with only air filter and something else to make the cap. I went in without even tuning it and got 2nd on my first try.

Really? I am just amazed how different the 2 GT-R are in the game. They are just different generations but same 4WD, about the same weight, not too much of a different wheel base etc.

Also with the RX7 seasonal event. Same thing, spend few hours tuning the car that I have in there, simply can't get past #7. It's not that I am a bad driver or anything, but when I use the car people suggested, I won the event easily.
 
You're not saying the model of GTR, but if you compare a GT-R34 to a GT-R35 and say there is only marginal difference then you obviously dont know much about GT-R's.

Again for the RX-7 between the 93 model and the 02 model theres a huge difference. But again you're not specifing the model so I can only guess, sorry if I'm way off.
 
Back