help me with ma steer!!! pls?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BLueMotiioNx
  • 24 comments
  • 1,310 views
Messages
189
Hi there,

Well first of all i got a wheel with 180degrees rotation but gt5 doesn't support my wheel , if you know what i mean.
so first question : Is it possoble to drift with my steer?
2nd question : what should be the best settings for my steer because i can turn like 10-20degrees and the car doesn't turn because the game doesn't support my wheel.

btw, may it help with answering : I got my wheel working by set my controller on the 2nd and my wheel 1st. (liek my wheel is the 1st controller and my ps3 controller is the 2nd controller :] ) and then just like my pedals are called r2 and l2 and went to controller controls (in the game) and set l3 for breaking and r3 for acceleration. and the same i did with shifting and like horn and lights on/off and thing.

hope you guys can help me , if something isn't clear tell me i'll try to explain better (A)

p'z <333
 
Last edited:
Steer? Well, I seriously doubt that GT5 supports bovine animals. That might be why it isn't working.

On a more serious note, 180 degrees? Are you serious? There is no way in hell that GT5 supports that. You need a 900° (+) wheel. A cheap option is the Logitech Driving Force Pro. Not sold new anymore, but a good wheel regardless.
 
A steer? Why cant you write wheel like normal people do?:lol:
Anyway where dis you get a ps3 compatible wheel with 180 degrees? O.o
 
A steer? Why cant you write wheel like normal people do?:lol:
Anyway where dis you get a ps3 compatible wheel with 180 degrees? O.o

hahahha i know got it from STEERingwheel :P
but anyway i bought that wheel for nfs shift on the pc but the swheel is for ps3 and pc ..
 
A steer? Why cant you write wheel like normal people do?:lol:
Anyway where dis you get a ps3 compatible wheel with 180 degrees? O.o
might be because it is called a "stuur" or "stuurwiel" in Dutch, thats pretty close to "Steer" or "steeringwheel".

I make simmelar mistakes with some words.
 
I have an 180 degrees wheel at the moment (Thrustmaster Ferarri Experience) and it works good, beter than using a controller. It is reconised by the PS3 as a controller so in GT5 just change the controller keysettings so it works how you want it to. Just put L2/R2 on brake/gas and the pedals work.
 
might be because it is called a "stuur" or "stuurwiel" in Dutch, thats pretty close to "Steer" or "steeringwheel".

I make simmelar mistakes with some words.

yup , i'm from the netherlands ;)
 
I have an 180 degrees wheel at the moment (Thrustmaster Ferarri Experience) and it works good, beter than using a controller. It is reconised by the PS3 as a controller so in GT5 just change the controller keysettings so it works how you want it to. Just put L2/R2 on brake/gas and the pedals work.

yeah i know , got the same steeringwheel and the pedals work , but have you let it work on the same way as i did , and do you have a dead zone too?
 
Last edited:
yeah i know , got the same steeringwheel and the pedals work , but have you let it work on the same way as i did , and do you have a dead zone too?

No, you should put it in sensitive mode. Push on digipad and pull both paddles at the same time. The led flashes then, this is sensitive mode, steers much beter now!
 
No, you should put it in sensitive mode. Push on digipad and pull both paddles at the same time. The led flashes then, this is sensitive mode, steers much beter now!

where can I find that? , in the game or in the ps3 settings? , would love to got my wheel optimal work.

thanks!
 
where can I find that? , in the game or in the ps3 settings? , would love to got my wheel optimal work.

thanks!

Like I said, on the wheel. Push the digi pad (on the left, the 4 arrow pad), and use both paddles, the led should flash now.
 
Like I said, on the wheel. Push the digi pad (on the left, the 4 arrow pad), and use both paddles, the led should flash now.

oh yeah i see :4 , but uhm , when i hold the digi pad and push the paddles down there is no change on the light but there is when i hold the digi pad and press/hold select or when i press/hold start botton? :S

little bit confused :$
 
oh yeah i see :4 , but uhm , when i hold the digi pad and push the paddles down there is no change on the light but there is when i hold the digi pad and press/hold select or when i press/hold start botton? :S

little bit confused :$

Maybe it's different with your version wheel. But does the light flash? I think it is OK then. Try it.
 
Maybe it's different with your version wheel. But does the light flash? I think it is OK then. Try it.

Wooo, wait! Not peddles (pedalen) but paddles (schakel paddles op stuur).
 
Wooo, wait! Not peddles (pedalen) but paddles (schakel paddles op stuur).

yaaaah!! , haha no dead zone anymore when u said digi pad with shifters , thank you soooo very much!
 
You're welcome, and zet 'm op!

haha dankjewel , but I don't know if you answered now the main question or not but , is it possible to drift with my wheel? ^__^

dankjewel nogmaals
 
haha dankjewel , but I don't know if you answered now the main question or not but , is it possible to drift with my wheel? ^__^

dankjewel nogmaals

I'm not a drifter, but of coarse, as long as you have a steering wheel and lots of experience it is possible. :)
 
I'm not a drifter, but of coarse, as long as you have a steering wheel and lots of experience it is possible. :)

Haha , oke dankjewel voor alles, ik ga maar eens op zoek naar goeie settings voor een drift auto

P'z
 
^AUP?

I CAN NO REED DAT POST LOLWUT

Agreed. If you read it with the thought of Reese Witherspoon's voice from Legally Blond, it works though..............
 
Ok, ok, back on topic guys. 👍
 
Hi, I have dead zone also - does this work on generic steering wheels also (cheapo one from argos)?

Thanks
 
My steering wheel has got 200 degrees of rotation and works perfectly with GT5. So it's not that a 900 degrees wheel is needed to play (it would be much recomended, though). It's the GT Force (PC version).
 
Hi, I have dead zone also - does this work on generic steering wheels also (cheapo one from argos)?

Thanks


Do you have also a 180* rotation? And I fixed my dead zone. (read above , I don't know if it will work for yours)
 
Back