Help me with my database

I've been working on an online database to organize different vehicle tunes. I'm 90% done and it is time to start testing, so I'm looking for a few people who would want to enter a several cars and basically try to break my system so I can find flaws before letting everyone use it. Since I don't want to spend anything on this we are basically testing a free server's capabilities while we are at it. Since it is 99% code it shouldn't be too intensive.

What will you get in return for your help? Nothing. But I'll be glad to buy you a beer if you ever find yourself in Lancaster County, PA.

I've emptied the DB when I put it online, but this is a screenshot from mamp running it on my computer (the specs are all made up).

Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 7.39.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 7.41.23 PM.png

There is still a little work to be done to make it prettier, but the functionality is there.

If you want in, PM me. I'll email you the link and my email address so you can report anything that comes up.

Edit:
I just realized this forum doesnt have private messages...? Odd. Anyway, just post in the thread if you want in.

Last edited:
It does have PMs, they are just called conversations. :)

What sort of input are you looking for here? Car specs from stock or tunes?

Tunes, specifically. I'm not sure that anyone would want a database full of stock info.

I was testing a submission myself and ran into some errors, so I'm already making improvements. It was mostly because the tune I entered didn't have all of the info, and php counts "0" as empty, but "00" as a string. Live and learn, I guess.

Haha, that is very true!

I kind of expected a little more interest in this, so here is the link for everyone.

Its just temporarily on a slow, free server until I get something better, so be forgiving. Only one tune is entered, and its not one of mine (I'm far too dumb to figure this stuff out), so have fun with it.

http://gttunedb.0fees.net/

Known things I want to fix in no particular order:
• An official logo
• Minor layout/ui inconsistencies
• An option to link to another site in the tune specs, so tuners can link to a discussion thread or or something
• Maybe comments on the tune sheet itself? I'm not very familiar with comment systems, so that will be low-priority unless people really want it.

Back