HELP!!! My FTO Super Touring Car is all over the shop! :P

  • Thread starter Thread starter magburner
  • 8 comments
  • 2,955 views

magburner

Premium
Messages
2,693
Wales
The Empire State
Messages
magburner, GTP_madgurner, showtime_uk
This is not a tuning question, but rather a question regarding chasis refresh and the rigidity stabaliser.

If I stick a rigidity stabliser on a car BEFORE I do a chasis refresh, is the car's handling knackered? I ask this because I recently brought a the FTO, and did the usual wash/oil/rebuild, and I thought engine rebuild.

I then installed the rigidity stabliser, and proceded to the track... Well, lets just say that the car had 'interesting' physics. It was all over the shop and practically undriveable! Is this because I stuck on the stabliser BEFORE I did a chasi refresh?
 
More info? Understeering, oversteering, loosing it on straights?
 
I used the uprated stabiliser of my FRO super touring also, I haven't done a chassis rebuild though, and the car seems fine, Bob loved it!

It's going to be either one of two things, or both, that's either the setup or the chassis.

As mentioned in the above post, providing more specific details or the exact setup would go along way to help understanding where the problem lies. 👍
 
The FTO Super Touring Car is my favorite car. I just got it, been looking for it for quite awhile. After made my adjustments, testing it on the practice track, it would pull to the right at the beginning. Press buttons on the controller, then it stopped. So far it has done it a couple of times and was irritating. Is this what you are referring to?
 
Sorry I took so long to reply to this! Sometimes life throw you a curve ball (or you forget). :ouch:

Anyway, I have been driving the car some more, and it seems that my car setup had in fact been making it drive funny, as It seems to handle 'normally' with the default settings.

The thing I cannot understand is why? I know how to get a good base setting for FR and 4WD cars, but not this FTO, for some reason. All I did for the preliminary test, was to lower the ride height, stiffen the suspension, alter the camber, and adjust the wing settings - pretty basic stuff really.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the FTO may actually be mid-engined - this would answer a few questions if it was the case. 👍
 
The FTO is still front engined, I run the same settings as my Lamborghini Gallardo in mine and it works a treat.
 
I got this car yesterday and drove some rounds with it and its a charm to drive, just still with the default settings but it handles very nice.

I will experiment this afternoon with the settings a bit but I think not much have to be touched here.
 
Back