Help, need a good car to compete on European Series on Amateur.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tercel_driver
  • 24 comments
  • 699 views

Tercel_driver

(Banned)
Messages
1,773
Somedays u dont get out of ur impression cuz of how gay is the AI on GT3. I was using a Mercedez CLK modded up to 500 hp, and still a Elise 190 was dominating the race on Rome Circuit. I was on the 4th race of the series. How could this be? Up to this point I have collected 123,000 credits. I have some cars in the garage too, but I dont think any of them would improve things. The ones I think can do something are Mazda RX-8, Chevrolet Camaro, Volkswagen Beetle RSi and the Mercedez Clk. Should I buy a new car? Problem is cars on my price range are on the mid 276 hp. :confused:
 
I can't remember what I used for that series - I'll try to figure it out.

I would say your best bet is the Beetle RSi with a lot of weight reduction and medium slicks. Add some power too.

Good luck!
 
i used the stock CLK.
it's not that hard, man.
 
I just reran that for kicks and to pick up another prize car. Just used a stock Griffith 500 with ASM and TCS turned off. It was probably overkill, as the AI wasn't even close.

That race isn't that hard. Maybe take the mods down to something more basic, say, just tires, racing transmission, racing exhaust and a computer chip and get better lines.
 
U know what?. I dont believe u. Try doing Rome Circuit II under 1'33 on a stock CLK.
 
I pulled out the old Palm DB and saw that I used my 413hp Evo VI RS. The Evo will get around Rome in under 1':33". I ran this series before I started taking very complete notes, so I don't know about the field or my margin of winning.
 
I passed the series with a CLk modded up to 488 hp. I added some medium tires to it too. U can use a stock car and win a race series on Beginneer, but not on Amateur. On Amateur that car would have a stage 2 turbo or NA on it. I am pretty sure the Elise 190 had more than 190 hp (stock version) in it. A 190hp car would never complete a lap on Rome Circuit under 1'33. There was a Griffith 500 too. But I had no problems with it. I remember the first time I entered the race I had to deal with a Zonda C12&Opel Speedster too. No way in hell a stock CLK is gonna beat them.

A thing they should do in the next GT game is to add a HP limit on a race. Like they did on GT2.
 
i Used my Lancer Evo 5 fully modded at 500 some horsepower.
 
I ran around the Amatuer Eurpoean series, with a stock CLK touring car.

Rome Circuit II

Elise 190: + 4.619
Speedster: + 5.718
CLK 55: + 13.366
206 S16: + 14.688
TT Quattro: + 16.465

Best Lap: 1’26.914
Total time: 4’39.709

You can see that the Elise runs right close to you through the whoel track. Knowing that the AI cheats, what I'd suggest you do is learn the best lines around the track. This is one track that does not forgive screw ups very easily. Rough crowd to run with as well.

j2s may be reffering to the stock CLK Touring car, which does easily defeat the AI. A stock CLK from the dealer, I'd have serious doubts about.

Good luck.

AO
 
Maybe

I didnt used a stock CLK touring car, cuz I dont have it. U get it when u complete the SIlver Arrows on Amateur later on.
 
Try out a RUF 3400S. Mod it to the max and you shouldn't have any problem smoking that stupid Lotus, plus you can use it in the MR races and the Spider/roadster races. Or just buy a Lotus and beat it at its own game.
 
An RUF 3400S is just too expensive. Besides, I wont have any money left to mod it.
 
I'd recommend the Ruf as well. Run an enduro, and you'll have enough cash. Grand Valley will net you 400,000cr. Two hours. actually plan on 4 hours, as you'll have to pause it to chug a pot of coffee to stay awake.

You've got any options out there to run, and it's likely that you already have hte answer in your garage.

Best of luck

AO
 
Tercel, some of the tracks in GT3 can take a lot of getting used to and Rome is particularly cruel to heavy, high horse power FR cars (it can feel like the roads made of polished glass!).

If you've not practiced on the circuit all that much, it might be an idea to spend an hour or so on it in the Arcade Free Run section. That way you can refine your lines and braking points without being hassled by AI cars.

By coincidence, I've just rerun this championship tonight (as a result of a tuning thread on another forum) in an Mazda MX-5 (J). I was disappointed how easy it was in that I won each race easily (4 or 5 second lead) despite the fact that there were cars like Zonda C12's, Griffith 500's etc in it. I think they can't be modded in any significant way as there is no way on God's Green Earth that a little MX-5 should be able to out-accelerate a Zonda!

My real point is I guess that you might be better off with a lighter, more nimble, less powerful car. But if you're stuck for car choice or have got your heart set on using the Merc (lovely executive smorgsmobile I have to admit) try posting the mods you've done to the CLK and ask for a bit of tuning advice. There's no shame in it and you can learn a lot from seeing how other people set up their cars.
 
Didnt u read my post. I already did it. I used a 488 hp modded CLK. A fully modded Miata may do it. If u said it wasnt, the it is bs.
Sorry.
 
you dont need to use euourpean cars for the championship use any car
 
Sorry Tercel if I didn't make myself clear. What I meant by saying you should post the mods on your CLK was that it would help to show slightly more detail than just the HP (e.g. what tyres you've fitted, what kind of LSD if any, which type of clutch etc). A listing of your current settings and what kind of behaviour you're experiencing from the car would assist those who'd try to help you too.

As to the MX-5 I used, yes it was fully modded up (HP around the mid 300's) with all the bells & whistles but running on T2 tyres.

I would think that it is probably just possible for a good driver to win this championship in an MX-5 with no power mods (or maybe just chip & exhaust) if T8 tyres were fitted (they ususally give you a 3 sec per lap bonus and there's no tyre wear in this race series so there's nothing to prevent their use!).
 
i used the ruf RGT fully mod, it kicks most cars on most races dependin on how well u drive it. do a super speed way endurance n get an F1 car, that normally helps alot wiv its super handling and acceleration
 
i won all the 5 race series with the 3000 gt turbo fully modded with really no problem. it had over 1000 hp.
 
Back