HELP! Need Notes!

  • Thread starter Thread starter weigle
  • 22 comments
  • 574 views
Messages
35
Does anyone know of a webpage with course notes with maps? I have been trying to get my S-1 liscense for about an hour and I always screw it up at the 1st left turn and the switchback in the middle of the course after the staight. IM PISSED. I came within .074 seconds of getting bronze. . . c'mon, they should have let me have that one!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :banghead: :irked: :mad:
 
Dude. The way to do this, is through experience. Try arcade mode with cars that are better and work your way down.
 
Originally posted by weigle
Does anyone know of a webpage with course notes with maps? I have been trying to get my S-1 liscense for about an hour and I always screw it up at the 1st left turn and the switchback in the middle of the course after the staight.

Hi weigle :
:D Have you tried watching the "Demo"??? Get in the "behind the car" view & just follow the demo around for a few laps, it should answer all your questions...UB57
:D
 
yup, it shows you the best line to take for a winning performance :)
 
1hr! dude, if u still havent gotten it after one hour then maybe you should try another game dude.
 
Originally posted by weigle
Does anyone know of a webpage with course notes with maps? I have been trying to get my S-1 liscense for about an hour and I always screw it up at the 1st left turn and the switchback in the middle of the course after the staight. IM PISSED. I came within .074 seconds of getting bronze. . . c'mon, they should have let me have that one!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :banghead: :irked: :mad:

yup try using the demo and try looking at ur ghost image and try to be ahead of it so u will get ur bonze medal..i do that everytime i screw up i race myslef ( GHost) and stay as far from it so, i can always get the licens...but if u think S-1 is a pain try S-2 seattle track hrad as hell..but as people said demo'S!!!
 
Originally posted by Auto__1
1hr! dude, if u still havent gotten it after one hour then maybe you should try another game dude.

MILES!!! play nice....everyone is watching u dude.

and yea just watch the demo with your ghost racing it....see where u go wrong and correct it
 
Originally posted by meeekael
MILES!!! play nice....everyone is watching u dude.

and yea just watch the demo with your ghost racing it....see where u go wrong and correct it

i never said anything rude but even my next door neighbour would be able to finish it in under an hour.. and he has to be the worst car-game player that i have met in real life, ever!
 
Originally posted by meeekael
MILES!!! play nice....everyone is watching u dude.

and yea just watch the demo with your ghost racing it....see where u go wrong and correct it

Not trying to be rude, but I thought that was as funny as you can get. Besides it should only take an hour if you are going for gold. My driving line is different than the demo and I beat it by nearly a full second. :D :trouble:
 
What would it gain me to lie? When I learn how to use this X-port I can post the time. I'm still a newbie to the forum and I'm trying to find my way around posting stuff as well. :rolleyes:

The demo approaches the first corner from the far right to the far left to break on the rumble strip. I approach from the far left to the middle of the road on the first small corner and pop the brake for a split second causing the rear to swing out to the right. As I punch the gas again I can approach the second corner on the far left and hit the first split in the low to mid 16.XXX's with a faster speed approaching the uphill portion than the demo.
 
the seattle track took me about 4 tries. . . I just can't get the two turns right on apricot hill. grr. I finally got it though by .332 seconds. I'm working on s-4 right now.
 
yeah, i completed the s-licence in about 1 hr and 15 mins....
but i dont bother with golds.
 
golds are no point..but they are good for earning good cars like the 350z rite away buy spedning time on getting gold..so u can win the car without buying and use the 18k for upgrdes..but very time consuming.
 
I still have yet to leave the game in frustration. I spent an hour on a track trying to shave away .007. When I finally did beat the gold time it was by almost a full second!
 
Originally posted by ving
yeah, i completed the s-licence in about 1 hr and 15 mins....
but i dont bother with golds.

It takes way longer to get golds. I find I get bronzes on the first attempt but it sometimes takes an hour to get gold.
 
yeah, i dont bother with gold licences... they bore me.

i just like to race :)
 
i agree with what was said, the only way to get it right is practice.. you'll get it eventually.. but if you want some write-ups on gt3 go to www.gamefaqs.com
 
S-licence was too easy hey, S-8 was nowhere near as difficult or frustrating as everybody says

missed out on bronze(first try, auto) by .511 seconds

switched to manual and got silver first try

so S-8 in 2 trys
 
Originally posted by ving
yeah, i dont bother with gold licences... they bore me.

i just like to race :)
Amen to that one. That's prob the reason why you get credit for the License tests after you get a bronze...PD didn't want people to start chunking their game disks in pure frustration!!! :banghead: :lol:
 
Back