Help needed: LT1 swapped Miata uncontrollable

• Thread starter huff
  • 14 comments
United States
Vermont
huff-
i am **** at tuning, hoping someone may be able to help me with this. My problem is that even fully detuned I get massive torque oversteer and I basically can not use the throttle at all without spinning. I know most do not have this setup, but even general hints would be appreciated. I am wondering if a combination of gearing,lsd, and suspension can make this drivable. I use controller if that matters in any way. I have been using tunes from all of you for years on the other games, and as always I appreciate all of your hard work.

Only thing that has helped me with this car is buying the adjustable ecu and setting to 70. this reduces torque while preserving peak hp.

where in the hell did you get an LT1 swap? every roulette ticket has given me 10K. all i have is an Stroker S for a delorean lol

Only thing that has helped me with this car is buying the adjustable ecu and setting to 70. this reduces torque while preserving peak hp.
So, would you say it is raceable or still a handful?
where in the hell did you get an LT1 swap? every roulette ticket has given me 10K. all i have is an Stroker S for a delorean lol
I have mostly had the same bad luck as most, but I have gotten this engine and two of the same supra model, and a formula car I already had. So yeah, pretty much this engine. Oh yeah, and 500k on my 6 star, lowest available.

Last edited:
I have it at 50:50 right now and hp can anywhere from 577 to 829, 2339 total weight. It spins it‘s rear tires under all accel in every gear. Thank for any advice you can offer.

IMG_20220416_123156.jpg

dont know how well this will work. Its nasty like this. with the LT1 ive no clue

oh and id assume you already stretched the gears

So, would you say it is raceable or still a handful?

I have mostly had the same bad luck as most, but I have gotten this engine and two of the same supra model, and a formula car I already had. So yeah, pretty much this engine. Oh yeah, and 500k on my 6 star, lowest available.
It's usable, especially if you use RH on the front and RM on rear.

Last edited:
its very hard to be smooth on a lot of cars. If Sony could make a PS controller meant for racing it would be great but the current triggers are terrible way too damn short

i am **** at tuning, hoping someone may be able to help me with this. My problem is that even fully detuned I get massive torque oversteer and I basically can not use the throttle at all without spinning. I know most do not have this setup, but even general hints would be appreciated. I am wondering if a combination of gearing,lsd, and suspension can make this drivable. I use controller if that matters in any way. I have been using tunes from all of you for years on the other games, and as always I appreciate all of your hard work.

Personally I adjusted the torque converter & lower gear to compensate. It's seems to happen in second so stretch. Also you can raise dampening on car front so not so stiff. Also reenforce the frame an put wide body with wide wheels.

So might be a little late to the party, but I kinda manage to make it work (kinda)
So yeah ECU at 70%, gearbox could probably be improved tremendously, suspension settings also might not be ideal. BUT it works.

I’ve tested it only only on LM with FM 6 turned on all the time.
First 2 gears don’t spin you out now.
It’s safe-ish and fun.
And of course it’s himbs with big boy engine.

PS. Don’t turn break breaking should only happen in a straight line and out of a turn don’t go full throttle 75-80% is fine but more and you’ll spin
294CDA51-FE58-4950-A12C-D7AC6EEE3071.jpeg
06D792BC-4ED7-4589-9DAD-BFC74A4BCF86.jpeg
CFF1F32C-C3F8-4CBD-82DC-EC5E6EC28079.jpeg

Thanks, but if you look at the date of my post you may notice it was months ago. There were no tunes available at the time.

Back