Help on autumn mini ring.

• Thread starter jc6711
  • 5 comments
I need help keeping my drift through those consecutive 90* turns. I cant keep it wide enough and end up either coming short or loosing the drift. Please help.

Also i am having problems with tight hair pins. i slide in reall nice but then i slide to much and get totaly sideways on the exit and loose all speed or stop.

I need help keeping my drift through those consecutive 90* turns. I cant keep it wide enough and end up either coming short or loosing the drift. Please help.
Are talking about the 3 turns after the uphill part, or is it the uphill part you mean?

Also i am having problems with tight hair pins. i slide in reall nice but then i slide to much and get totaly sideways on the exit and loose all speed or stop.
How you're entering the corner would help, like what technique.

I normally use the feint, but I sometimes lose too much speed on the first hairpin doing that. I think if you wait a little longer to turn in the car, almost square it off instead off trying to drift the entire thing that would help, maybe just the lift-off drift to try and make it through so you keep a little more momentum.

Are talking about the 3 turns after the uphill part, or is it the uphill part you mean?

How you're entering the corner would help, like what technique.

I normally use the feint, but I sometimes lose too much speed on the first hairpin doing that. I think if you wait a little longer to turn in the car, almost square it off instead off trying to drift the entire thing that would help, maybe just the lift-off drift to try and make it through so you keep a little more momentum.
More grip helps make the tight hairpins. I learned this recently through trial and error.👍

So maybe a higher level of grip tires are needed? Like from N2's to N3's?

Or lower the power-to-weight ratio to get the same results, without needing to add power to make up for the stickier tires. The difference between N2's and N3's in GT4, is not as slight as one would initially expect. I try to keep N2's on all my drift cars, unless the vehicle just has too high a power-to-weight ratio, or I'm trying to "race drift".

As others have stated, we really need to know more about where it is on the track (hint, find the track image and highlight where on the track you are having difficulty). There should be a thread with images of all the tracks in GT4. I believe it's in the GT4 forum (not the drift forum). Also, we need to know what techniques you are using to enter your drift.

;)

Back