Help On The Super Lisence!!!

Messages
4
Hey all.
Ive been playing GT3 on and off since i got it when it first came out but its only now that im beginning to play it seriously. Ive managed to clock up some pretty impressive cars with the aid of my Polyphony 001 F1 car but now i want some thing else. Im desperate to get a Mazda 787B and i hear that the only way to get one is through winning the Like the Wind championship or br completing 75% of the game. Ever since i was pitted against a 787B in the All Stars race, i have wanted one. Its the only car [bar the Toyota GT one Race car] which has ever come remotely close to beating me.
You see the problem is this. Im having a real hard time completing the Superlisence which in the short run, will enable me to compete in the 'Like the Wind' chapionship for that all important Mazda. Im having pareticular difficulty in completing the Seattle course with that bloody GT 40. The car has a tendancy to oversteer when you floor it out of corners, and you lose so much time trying to get the thing level again. I had a simple solution: go slowly, complete a lap [it doesnt matter if you dont finnish within the time] and you can compare your position with the Ghost data next time you attempt the time. easier said than done. I still spun when i pushed the GT 40 just that little bit too far.
Can anyone help me out? Any suggustions are welcomed with open arms!

Regards
Scott.
 
Just an opinion--most people get too far into the game without learning how to drive properly, by using a car with a huge HP advantage over the rest of the field, it makes it way too easy to win. Then, when the AI cars start getting harder, they are like "why can't I win?". My advice would be to go back and work on some of your earlier licence tests and try and get gold on some of them, and as a bonus if you get all golds on a particular licence you get a bonus car. Also, go to arcade mode and complete the Time Trial mode, and get 1st on all of them, as well as beat all the tracks in single race mode, which will raises your completion percentage. One of the best things I ever did was to go back and get gold on all the licence tests. It took a long time, but I'm better off now.

As far as the super license with the GT40, work on gently applying throttle out of the corners instead of just mashing it, and aviod applying throttle while you have the wheel turned all the way to the right or left, that's a guaranteed way to cause a spin. Wait until you clear the apex and start to strighten out the wheel a bit before applying the throttle, you will launch out of the corners much faster. You have the right idea, just save your ghost and keep updating it and saving it as you improve.

The bottom line is, the more you play, the better you will get.:D
And the best way to get lots of practice is to come on over to the On Line racing forum in the Official GTP weekly racing series and join us crazy people, we love getting more peole to race against, It's easy to get signed up and there's great competition at all skill levels. ;)
 
Well, I'll second everything said in CF Man's excellent answer above. Even his .sig line is true! Also welcome to GTPlanet, letsplaykatch.

There are many ways to "beat" GT3, but if you are looking for 100% completion, you've got to do the Time Trials and License Tests. On these as you know you get no choice of cars. I think driving the F1 monster so much has taught you some bad habits that an excellent car will cover up.

In addition to doing the TTs and LTs, I suggest you run the Arcade races on Hard mode (which you have to do anyway) in Class B and Class C cars. These will give you a lot of experience in cars that do not have the superhuman grip and acceleration that the F1s enjoy.

Good luck and join in the discussions!
 
I always say, anyone can drive a fast car pretty fast, but if you can't drive a slow car fast, you need to learn how to drive.:lol:
 
Even though I drive better because of the license tests, I have to agree that I could drive better than what I do right now. I have the habit of riding on the rumble strips going into a corner. I also need to stop taking the shortcut through the grass in Trial Mountain, and drive through the corkscrew more properly at Laguna Seca. These are old habits I have that I need to change to be a better driver in the game.
 
Thanks guys!
I won the GT 40 ageeeez ago but i have never been bothered to get to grips with it. I only wanted to win the car purely for the fact that it was a GT 40. People rant and rave about how good they are, and i discovered, in actual fact that they are not all that great. Sure it sound nice and can be quite nippy in a straight line, but its main fundumental floor is its inability to cope with corners trerribly well. Ive just completed the Beginner leage [after an on and off year of attemping] and now im finishing off the Ameteur and Professional leagues.
When i first won the Polyphony cars, i thought i didnt need another car again. All cars would shatter in my wake, and i was invincible. Oh how wrong i was. I agree with that you have to have skill and technique to win races and i have all of that. Karting has tought me that, and they say that the best way to start racing is through that medium. I learn the basics first of all, then the accelerating, breaking and handling techniques. Negotiating through traffic and being able to squeeze the most out of your kart are the hardest things to do. These are on par with to being able to look after your kart and carry out essential maintainance as well as a few 'power increasing' modifications.
I apply all i have learnt on and off the track to my technique in the GT games [and others].
For now its simply mastering that damn GT 40 and its ways. But im sure i'll realise it was pretty easy in the first place and all was wrong was my estimations of the car and not 'treating' it properly.

Regards.
 
Originally posted by wildcard
I also need to stop taking the shortcut through the grass in Trial Mountain, and drive through the corkscrew more properly at Laguna Seca. These are old habits I have that I need to change to be a better driver in the game.

Hahaha :lol: I stopped taking the trial mountain shortcut after about a month. I felt kind of ashamed of getting better times by doing that. As for Laguna... anything goes on that course for me... the AI taught me that.
 
I still take it, I used to take it all teh time in beginner but it dont see teh point, I got Skillz I only use a f1 when i have to do a Quick race, other than that I use my new gotten R390 race car, ZZII,FTO Lm Race Car, Oreca Viper,ect.
 
Originally posted by letsplayskatch
Thanks guys!
I won the GT 40 ageeeez ago but i have never been bothered to get to grips with it. I only wanted to win the car purely for the fact that it was a GT 40. People rant and rave about how good they are, and i discovered, in actual fact that they are not all that great. Sure it sound nice and can be quite nippy in a straight line, but its main fundumental floor is its inability to cope with corners trerribly well.

Compared to other cars or compared to the F-1?
kideng
 
Compared to some of the other cars ive got like the Nismo GT- R LM road car, Castrol MUGEN NSX, Vanquish [and dare i say it, a pretty damn good SLK 230 Kompressor!] to name but a few.

P.s. i've JUST tried to complete the Italian Avant Garde race [Pagani zonda] with a newly bought Zonda C12 S. I cranked it up to 1005 hp but the handling was terrible. Soon fixed that. I thought my chances of winning were quite high. Oh how wrong i was. I got Caned. I had to smash and bash my way to the front of a pack of Pagani Zonda Race cars which just out cornerd me. *sigh*. All that money on a crap car. Oh well, i guess im going to find an easier way of getting that Pagani Race car.
Say, do you guys know of any race which i could possibly get a zonda irace car in? I should say rather, I know which races to race in, but does anyone know which is most likely to give me a zonda?

Regards.
 
if you want to beat the Zonda race I'd sugest turning down the HP a bit, should make it much easier to control. Just work on your suspesion setup to tame the wild beast and improve your racing lines. I thought the only race to get the Zonda race car was the Avant gard series, but I may be mistaken as I have had all the cars in the game for a long time now, so my memory is a bit hazy.:p
 
Back