HELP passing the A-License Ferrari 430 test

  • Thread starter Thread starter FIDO69
  • 16 comments
  • 1,472 views
Messages
118
Messages
GTP_Fido
Hi, I've been an all gold-club racer since GT3, but I can't get bronze in the A-license or A level one-lap race at Daytona road course in the Ferrari 430. HELP!

Specifically, I want to race a clean race and get gold using the professional driving physics. Is it possible? There don't seem to be many good passing places.

I can't get by the ferrari and aston martin on the first turn. Usually get by them on the first hairpin (in the infield). Then I pass one other car on the next hairpin. Then I can't pass until I use drafting and power to blow by a few cars on the oval track section. But I can't get a clean pass of any of the cars I meet at the chicane; either I'm too hot (around 197mph) or they are too aggressive and bump me. That tends to leave me passing a big group on the final oval section, but only for 5 or 6th place!
 
Dont race to clean, it was the only option for me sadly enough. :(
 
I'm about to get into this race tonight or tomorow, I have to buy the car, everything else i have done... lol
 
you have to pass 2 cars on teh first corner, the other one on the 2nd corner and 2 other cars on the 3rd corner, when you reach the end of the straight you should be able to pass another car or 2, then draft your way through. You should be able to get at least a 3rd.
 
just use the other cars as guardrails you will get it in no time.
 
That was the pits!
I tried going that same route at the first turn but couldn't get it to work. I ended up getting 3rd.
I am going to try the short-cut again.
Good Job!
 
Can't it be done driving cleanly?
 
Hi, I've been an all gold-club racer since GT3, but I can't get bronze in the A-license or A level one-lap race at Daytona road course in the Ferrari 430. HELP!

Specifically, I want to race a clean race and get gold using the professional driving physics. Is it possible? There don't seem to be many good passing places.

I can't get by the ferrari and aston martin on the first turn. Usually get by them on the first hairpin (in the infield). Then I pass one other car on the next hairpin. Then I can't pass until I use drafting and power to blow by a few cars on the oval track section. But I can't get a clean pass of any of the cars I meet at the chicane; either I'm too hot (around 197mph) or they are too aggressive and bump me. That tends to leave me passing a big group on the final oval section, but only for 5 or 6th place!

Another kind of annoying race in that it demands multiple repetition to figure out the precise timing on all the passing. :indiff:

I can't speak for the BB Andys of this world :rolleyes: but it can be done clean (with absolutely no contact), manual, Professional. You need to pass the first car by timing your momentum as you brake, so that it carries you past in the first corner. Get hard on the gas so that you get in behind the second car thru the second corner, but then stay right & brake so that you can cut inside the second car (which slides off the the left) before the third (right hand) corner. You can then catch the third car (a Ferrari, I think) before the left hand turn & a couple of other cars on the short straight (after the next right hander) before the sharp left that take you on to the track. After that it's easier, but you still have to time the drafting & passing perfectly to get gold.

Hope this helps - good luck!
 
I gain a ton by late braking and speeding through the last chicanes at 4th Gear... the suggested gear (red numbers) is 3rd but u can go through the section through 4th gear if you just hit the right line. Cut the corners a bit but not too much since you will be penalized. I see this a ton on online too, it seems like im fastest through these turns than everyone else. Just Practice more. Goodluck :)
 
Okay, thanks Biggles and Masi_23! I only had an hour+ on it (after a mind numbing 2hrs of grinding to buy the 430). So hopefully I'll have more energy to do it tonight!
 
This is was by far the most annoying race for me. At first I couldn't get any better than 6th. I ended postponing this race to last in my challenges and tried to do it as clean as possible, and it is possible but I did spend a few solid hours trying to get gold. The good or bad thing about this game is that the AI cars always drive the same and after a few hours you will know exactly where they will be on track. So eventually I just ended up gunning it for the spaces left by the cars at full throttle and braking as late as possible, I would get bumped by the other cars from the back as I basically cut them off. Once I cleared the infield I just concentrated on going as fast as possible into the last chicane again braking late and pretty much drifting (out of control) through the whole thing. For me this race was a waste of time. The only reason I got gold is because I was so brain dead that I just ended up doing things automatically as I did lap after lap after lap...
 
I've gotten bronze now relatively cleanly. I've found that the Ferrari seems to pull very nicely in 3rd gear out of the hairpins, so I've stopped using 2nd. I pass the first two cars on my way out of the first turn. Pass the third out of the right hand hairpin. Pass a fourth on the braking zone to the next RH hairpin, and pass one more car before the slow 2nd gear turn (before entering the oval track). I pass three more cars before the chicane, then two last cars before the finish.

Getting 1st seems like it would require me to do some crazy insane pass on the second hairpin, then really improve my exit onto the oval (I definitely need work here), and exit the chicane within drafting distance of the two leaders.

Looking forward to it... once I get some online racing out of my system!
 
This is was by far the most annoying race for me. At first I couldn't get any better than 6th. I ended postponing this race to last in my challenges and tried to do it as clean as possible, and it is possible but I did spend a few solid hours trying to get gold. The good or bad thing about this game is that the AI cars always drive the same and after a few hours you will know exactly where they will be on track. So eventually I just ended up gunning it for the spaces left by the cars at full throttle and braking as late as possible, I would get bumped by the other cars from the back as I basically cut them off. Once I cleared the infield I just concentrated on going as fast as possible into the last chicane again braking late and pretty much drifting (out of control) through the whole thing. For me this race was a waste of time. The only reason I got gold is because I was so brain dead that I just ended up doing things automatically as I did lap after lap after lap...

Exactly. :rolleyes:

Please see my earlier thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106165
 
I've been struggling with this race as well for some reason. I'm using no aids pro physics full force feedback, and the best I can get is bronze.
 
You should be able to go 4th gear all the way on the last chicanes. I took first place on the last lap right before the entrance (last chicanes) by slip stream and late braking.
 
I personally am not a big fan of the "pass everybody in one lap" races. I ended up with a clean bronze on this and will likely not go back to it. Although with some tuning, I wonder if I could eek out a silver.
 
Back