Help Please. Gift Limits

Messages
13
Hi all.

Sorry for posting a new thread on such a simple matter but just spent over an hour to find out what current gt5 gift limits are as well as 20 minutes trying to get a new password! :crazy:

Anyone?

note:not played gt5 much as got too frustrated with all updates taking things away and not still giving me options as well as everything else so on and so on. Also had to put my wheel away as selling house. Anyway, my son (now 13) is just getting into the game (after playing Real Racing!) so I thought I'd gift him a car. He chose a Ferrari Enzo '02 for 1 Million.

Arrrgh! It wouldn't let me gift it! I've researched and researched (nothing in GT5 manual either!) and trying to find out the current limit is somewhat annoying to say the least - one minute it's 500k and then it's 1million etc...

Please help 👍
 
The new limit is only one car gift per ps3 and you can only gift cars under a million pounds from the new car dealership and under 950,000 credits for cars from the used car dealership.

Hopefully sorted any problems that you had.
 
The new limit is only one car gift per ps3 and you can only gift cars under a million pounds from the new car dealership and under 950,000 credits for cars from the used car dealership.

Hopefully sorted any problems that you had.

Thanks italian.

So the car I was trying to do was an Enzo at 1 Million but it still won't let me do it. Does it need to be 999,999?

edit: btw, it was new from the New Car Dealership
 
Yes I think that it needs to be 999,999 because I tried an Enzo before and it would not let me send it.
 
Have a look in the marketplace, the top few threads will tell you everything you need to know :cheers:
 
Yes I think that it needs to be 999,999 because I tried an Enzo before and it would not let me send it.

Thanks.

Another annoyance of this game to add to the list it seems....what is the point?

Thanks again.
 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185772

Cars actually have to be under $950,000 in order to be traded.

Thanks buddy.

Hope you enjoy the game.


Yeah. Will do....it's certainly a Love/Hate thing though!!! 👍

Hold on....

I've just checked the thread and unless I'm missing something, it says 'over' 1 Million. Yet the Enzo I've tried to gift is only 1 Million and it is not a 'Used' Car. It was Brand New from Dealership within the game. It's only 950,000 for Used Cars.

Anyone else share any light?

Thanks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a terminology thing, maybe something lost with translation - in effect 1 mil and above cannot be traded. Your son can buy his own by doing the seasonal events and racking up enough cash very, very quickly.
 
The point is to make actually playing the game as the way to get the most desirable cars. This is the way I like things. Having a goal and a challenge as a way to earn that goal makes it more rewarding.
 
Just a terminology thing, maybe something lost with translation - in effect 1 mil and above cannot be traded. Your son can buy his own by doing the seasonal events and racking up enough cash very, very quickly.


Great! Thanks at least I now know :)

The point is to make actually playing the game as the way to get the most desirable cars. This is the way I like things. Having a goal and a challenge as a way to earn that goal makes it more rewarding.

Yeah I agree. Just trying to give him a little buzz as if we are doing it together kind of (bit of teamwork). He won't be getting any more freebies lol! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, you can gift any car, but the server has a list of cars that are not giftable. For most practiacal purposes though, the limit is whatever those (^) guys are saying.
 
Technically, you can gift any car, but the server has a list of cars that are not giftable. For most practiacal purposes though, the limit is whatever those (^) guys are saying.

What? That makes no sense whatsoever. You can either gift a car or you can't, there is no "technically" about it. Unless you are talking about gifting a level or birthday ticket with the car on it, then yes, that is a technicallity. But from what I understand we are talking about here, its certain cars, not tickets.
 
Have a look in the marketplace, the top few threads will tell you everything you need to know :cheers:


Will do 👍

You know I've been reading these pages for years and when I move hope to get a bit more involved!
 
Back