Help Please PS3

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
England
Top Valley, NG5
Im having some very strange things happening on my PS3. In tha last week it has switched itself on around 8pm then switched itself off 2/3 minutes later, This has happened 4 times now only on the second time did it not switch of it attemped to down patch 1.17 on GT6 not just one but 2 patch's it downloaded the 1st then installed it then it resumed the second (identical) downloaded then installed. Ive been on the PS3 yesterday and it had lost the game save for F1 2014 I have online backup so thats not a problem.

There is nothing touching either of the remotes/DS3 so its not them as the DS3 doesnt switch on.

Any one have any ideas ? is it on its last legs ?

Thanks.

Are you a member of Playstation Plus? If you are, then that could be a sign of the PS3 doing an automatic update. You may want to adjust your settings to where it is a more convenient time for you, usually when you are not using it.

I don't think nothing is wrong with your system, it is just doing an automatic update of all software installed on the PS3, including system software.

Are you a member of Playstation Plus? If you are, then that could be a sign of the PS3 doing an automatic update. You may want to adjust your settings to where it is a more convenient time for you, usually when you are not using it.

I don't think nothing is wrong with your system, it is just doing an automatic update of all software installed on the PS3, including system software.

Thanks for your reply, Only once did it do an update that was for GT6 all the rest of the times it switched on and then off before I got to the remotes

It's just not just for PS+ well for game updates yes but for Software updates that can be done without ps+ now with the change. I have mine set between 8-10am, since well I am always on here between that time so I don't have to worry about it.

It's just not just for PS+ well for game updates yes but for Software updates that can be done without ps+ now with the change. I have mine set between 8-10am, since well I am always on here between that time so I don't have to worry about it.

But its not doing anything just switching on for a few seconds then Off

But its not doing anything just switching on for a few seconds then Off

Then there is no update. Mine can come on and load up then turn off within a few seconds.
With PS+ any game that is listed in Game data will most likely be updated however if it's just firmware updates then most likely a quick on and off until a firmware update comes out.

Ok so I think ive got it now, Just comes on automatically to check for updates if none it switches off if there is some updates it will do them. Is this a new feature ?

Back