Help Please

  • Thread starter Thread starter sevie818
  • 4 comments
  • 453 views
Messages
3
Messages
sevie818
I have modified my car, a '98 SL600 and it can reach about 210 mph on Daytona but now for some reason it can reach 180 and then keeps loosing power and falling to 177. Theres a red dot flashing too and I don't know what that is and I don't know if that was flashing before this happened or not.... Please help :)
 
The red dot means its just reached how fast it can go, i'd just go to GT Auto and get an oil change, see if that helps at all :)
 
It it is getting up to 180, then bouncing down to 177 and then going back up again, you are bouncing against the rev limiter. Did you by chance buy one of the close ratio transmissions? These give you faster acceleration but limit the top speed. If you get the full custom transmission, you can tune the top speed to be pretty much whatever you want. (Assuming you have enough power/aerodynamics to reach that speed)
 
It it is getting up to 180, then bouncing down to 177 and then going back up again, you are bouncing against the rev limiter. Did you by chance buy one of the close ratio transmissions? These give you faster acceleration but limit the top speed. If you get the full custom transmission, you can tune the top speed to be pretty much whatever you want. (Assuming you have enough power/aerodynamics to reach that speed)

Thank you! :D That is exactly what happened! I installed that and then went back to race on Daytona but completely forgot about it! I had no idea what was wrong ( I know it was a silly mistake ) Thanks again! :D
 
The red dot means its just reached how fast it can go, i'd just go to GT Auto and get an oil change, see if that helps at all :)

It didn't need an oil change, thanks for your help anyway :D...... Ohhh so thats what that red dot is, I never noticed it before until this evening when I started looking everywhere to try to find out what the problem was! Thank you.
 
Back