HELP PLEASE

• Thread starter HB Jones
  • 5 comments
United States
Boise, Idaho
Earlier this week I logged on and a window came up telling me to sign in to PSN. When I clicked on sign In at PSN, it showed an email address that I haven't used in over 5 years. I deleted that one and entered my current email/password and it was not allowed ??
I tried several times before contacting Customer Support. They have my current email and didn't know what happened. After 20 minutes with them trying to figure out the problem, I was told that I would have to log in as a "new user". This meant that I would have to start completely over, lose all my progress, over 850 cars, friends, along with going through all of the licenses, career races etc.
I don't really want to start the game over again.
Any suggestions. Anyone else come across this?
Thanks

Earlier this week I logged on and a window came up telling me to sign in to PSN. When I clicked on sign In at PSN, it showed an email address that I haven't used in over 5 years. I deleted that one and entered my current email/password and it was not allowed ??
Naturally it wouldn't be allowed. You can't just log in with a new email address because you feel like it. If you want to change the email address you're logging in with, you have to log in with the one registered to that User ID and then change it...

Log into PSN with the old email address (that would have been the one the PS3 was storing as associated to that User ID), then use the change email address function in the PS3 to change it to the new one.

Naturally it wouldn't be allowed. You can't just log in with a new email address because you feel like it. If you want to change the email address you're logging in with, you have to log in with the one registered to that User ID and then change it...

Log into PSN with the old email address (that would have been the one the PS3 was storing as associated to that User ID), then use the change email address function in the PS3 to change it to the new one.
The email address I tried logging in with is the same one I have been using for 5 years.
I also entered the password associated with the old email address and it was not recognized so I can't get into Account Management. Customer service shows my current email. That's why they can't figure out the problem.

The email address I tried logging in with is the same one I have been using for 5 years.
But that's not the one your PS3 has stored, otherwise it wouldn't have done this:
When I clicked on sign In at PSN, it showed an email address that I haven't used in over 5 years.
Your PS3 has that email address saved for a reason. It's the email address for that User ID.
I also entered the password associated with the old email address and it was not recognized
Then you got the password wrong.

Do you still have access to the old email address? If so, go here:
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Then hit "Trouble logging in", "Reset password" and put your old email address in.

Customer service shows my current email.
They may well do, but that doesn't mean it's associated with the User ID that you're trying to log into with it.

The fact that the PS3 is chucking up the old email address says that the old email address is the one associated to the User ID you're trying to log into. If you can remember the password (and it's been five years so you may well have changed it) you're good to go. If you can't, reset the password. But it's the old email address you need to use to log in either way.

But that's not the one your PS3 has stored, otherwise it wouldn't have done this:

Your PS3 has that email address saved for a reason. It's the email address for that User ID.

Then you got the password wrong.

Do you still have access to the old email address? If so, go here:
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Then hit "Trouble logging in", "Reset password" and put your old email address in.

They may well do, but that doesn't mean it's associated with the User ID that you're trying to log into with it.

The fact that the PS3 is chucking up the old email address says that the old email address is the one associated to the User ID you're trying to log into. If you can remember the password (and it's been five years so you may well have changed it) you're good to go. If you can't, reset the password. But it's the old email address you need to use to log in either way.
That's the problem. Customer service says that the email address associated with my User ID is the one I am using now.
I still have the password for my old email (never changed) and have tried entering it several times with no luck.
Thanks

That's the problem. Customer service says that the email address associated with my User ID is the one I am using now.
I still have the password for my old email (never changed) and have tried entering it several times with no luck.
Thanks
PS.... I have logged on before with my current email/password with no problem.

Back