Help.... please

• Thread starter Caligula1
  • 8 comments
I'm a little confused about a couple of things on Enthusia.

Firstly, whilst I understand that to climb up the rankings I need to race against cars with low odds by using a slower car - doesn't this make it pointless driving the faster cars? If you use a faster car you can't climb up the rankings, so it seems to me that the game forces you to use crap cars!

Secondly, are there any endurance races is Enthusia (not counting free race where you can create them). I have yet to find any.

Whilst the format of the game is interesting, I think it loses a lot by not being able to see "completed" races like in Gran Turismo. You can't simply re-race events to improve but always have to enter what seems to me randomly generated events.

Not sure I really like the lack of choice at any given time. Hate the fact that I am limited to race whatever the game decides to throw up on any particular week. There seems to be no percentage completion in Enthusia Life - you never really complete as such but just climb up the rankings.

Is there a limite to the number of game years in the game?

Cheers

this is how it works.

In GT4 it basically has you drive any HP car you want in races, it can be powerful enough to blow away the opponenets.

in Enthusia, they want you to have actual compitition, and race against other cars that are of your power/weight ratio or skill.

The higher the odds, the more skill points you get. The more enthusia points you have after a race, the more your car and driver can level up.

To enter in better races (RIII, RII, etc), you have to be of a certain rank (the 1-1000) number).

Your rank is based on your skill points from each race from the past 12 weeks i believe, like an average. So say you raced all 12 weeks inn the most recent past 12 weeks, except for one you skipped a week cuz u either changed cars, rested, or etc, it takes the average from those 12 weeks and puts that down as your current rank. So that one week that you took out to change cars, rest, or whatever, hurts your average. That is why its important not to hit walls and etc cuz if u run out of enthusia points while racing u have to rest

NOTE

There are no endurance races, but there are tests (revolution mode).

The only way to tune up cars is to level them (like an rpg). There are 10 lvls total (9 upgrades).

You can tune them if you find where it is, im pretty sure in life mode in the garage or wtv it was, u can change toe/camber/shocks/suspension all that good stuff, but u dont ever upgrade those parts. All you can upgrade is weight, power, and tires. (3 lvls of each, default is lvl 1 i believe)

Caligula1
I'm a little confused about a couple of things on Enthusia.

Firstly, whilst I understand that to climb up the rankings I need to race against cars with low odds by using a slower car - doesn't this make it pointless driving the faster cars? If you use a faster car you can't climb up the rankings, so it seems to me that the game forces you to use crap cars!

I encountered plenty of relatively-high-odds races (mostly in the 4's) in my class-C M3 Evo III (E30), and used it to beat all of Enthusia Life as soon as I got it (rank 1, and a first-place finish on the first King of the Year competition).
Class C also features the CL55 AMG, SL500, Celica GT-Four WRC, TT 3.2 Quattro, Golf R32, Z4 3.0i, Silvia K's (S14 and also S13), Altezza, 180SX, Integra Type R (DC2), Golf GTi (V), Celica SS-II (ZZT231), Civic Type R (EK9), RX-7 (SA), Elise 111s, among several others. I consider all of the above to be good-handling, relatively quick, easy-to-drive cars. Hardly "crap," IMO. :)

Secondly, are there any endurance races is Enthusia (not counting free race where you can create them). I have yet to find any.

Nope, sorry. But, like you said, you can still create them, and with any combination of opponents you want, too.

Whilst the format of the game is interesting, I think it loses a lot by not being able to see "completed" races like in Gran Turismo. You can't simply re-race events to improve but always have to enter what seems to me randomly generated events.

Well, the game does keep track of everything you do in Enthusia Life, and you can access that list at any time.

Not sure I really like the lack of choice at any given time. Hate the fact that I am limited to race whatever the game decides to throw up on any particular week. There seems to be no percentage completion in Enthusia Life - you never really complete as such but just climb up the rankings.

True, there is no percentage for Enthusia Life, but you are trying to reduce a number - your rank - to 1, and Driving Revolution and Free Race have completion percentages (check the library option on the main menu).

Is there a limite to the number of game years in the game?

No, but the list of all the races and stuff you've done has a limit of 99 years. :cool:

Hope these answers help! :)

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

I've set up a few enduros now in free race. My one other gripe is that when you field a "6 of the same car" grid, the AI is pretty poor. It seems that other than chosing what cars to race against, you are unable to adjust the AI skill level in free race...... or am I missing something?

Cheers

only thing i dont like about the AI is they always take decent lines, which means its rough to pass them, can only do it on straighways because i dont wanna plow into everyone cuz they brake too early though turns.

Caligula1
Many thanks for your detailed reply.

I've set up a few enduros now in free race. My one other gripe is that when you field a "6 of the same car" grid, the AI is pretty poor. It seems that other than chosing what cars to race against, you are unable to adjust the AI skill level in free race...... or am I missing something?

Cheers

Hi,

It's adjustable in driving option2 I think. Which I go to by using the option button in or before the race.

Jeff

Yeah, it's adjustable in the options. I'm not sure how I got it, but I recently discovered that I can set the AI to "expert." Maybe I just didn't notice it before, but I could've sworn that "hard" was the highest. Maybe it's because I've gotten 100% on Driving Revolution and/or Free Racing.

Anyway, on expert difficulty the lead car(s) can actually be kinda tough to catch!

Having now played Enthusia, GT4 and Forza quite a lot, I can honestly say that I enjoy the "feel" of the cars in Enthusia the most. With aids turned off Enthusia definitely provides the best challenge out of the 3 games.

I'm getting to like the "odds" based system more now.

Another real plus is that I love doing hot laps and just trying to shave seconds off my lap times. With GT3/4 Its sometimes been hard to decide whether to disqualify myself for a lap time if I've gone off track slightly etc...., but with Enthusia I love the black flag thing so that you know whether your lap is a "clean" lap! :)

Back