Help plz guys! I can't upload decals. [Repost to the correct subforum]

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Kobayashiiii1
Ok guys I've been working on decal making for a couple of months, this issue is really gonna drive me carzy. Every time I uplaod a decal larger than 10KB, the website would tell me 'An error has occurred' for no reason.

Here's a pic that I tried to upload a decal with 12.4kb and failed.
QQ图片20221012234042.png

I tried for different Browsers, both chrome core and firefox core Browser, none of them change the situation.

I also tried to make the decal by different software, Inkscape and Illustrator. Nothing new happened.

Then I thought maybe its the internet goes down, but with the download speed up to 40MB/s, seems not the internet's problem.

New here, so the original thread I posted hours ago may have someone already seen it. I tried the SVGOMG thing, it still didn't help.

Finally Google brings me to this website, maybe you guys can help me with the issue?

Can you attach the file here please?
Hey there, I see you in another discussion about GTS decal upload failure, so back in 2018 we have the same problem and they don't fix it for 4 years?

Attachments

• Makima-05.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 13
Hey there, I see you in another discussion about GTS decal upload failure, so back in 2018 we have the same problem and they don't fix it for 4 years?
Try this, I showed it as 21kb. I imported, then exported from vectornator to svgomg which got it down to 9kb.

Attachments

• Anime face 21kb 2.svg
    9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Try this, I showed it as 21kb. I imported, then exported from vectornator to svgomg which got it down to 9kb.
This one's outlines are all gone and have some color issues. So the reason is maybe about it's outlines' coding way?

This one's outlines are all gone and have some color issues. So the reason is maybe about it's outlines' coding way?
I didn’t edit it at all, so there must be something that is off. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

I re optimized to closer to 15kb. Is this any better? On my iPad they look the same. Walking into work now, I hope that did it. If not I am sure someone will jump on helping you.

Attachments

• Anime face 21kb 3.svg
    14.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I didn’t edit it at all, so there must be something that is off. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

I re optimized to closer to 15kb. Is this any better? On my iPad they look the same. Walking into work now, I hope that did it. If not I am sure someone will jump on helping you.
I'm afraid they look different on PC...
1665653056284.png

The first is my original one, the second is your lastest one.
Still thanks buddy

@Kobayashiiii

What editor are you using to make it?

The problem appears to be in the embedded style sheet. If you look for an option in your editor that says something like 'inline styles' or 'styles by attribute', instead of 'style sheet' or 'use CSS'. The options will vary.. here's how it looks in what I use:

1665653529589.png

@Kobayashiiii

What editor are you using to make it?

The problem appears to be in the embedded style sheet. If you look for an option in your editor that says something like 'inline styles' or 'styles by attribute', instead of 'style sheet' or 'use CSS'. The options will vary.. here's how it looks in what I use:

View attachment 1200093
ok usually I use the Inkscape for the whole drawing part, then put the work into Illustrator to compress, then using the SVGOMG to compress more, usually these steps can changes an SVG from over 40kb to under 10kb. So the correct settings are Presentation Attributes?

ok usually I use the Inkscape for the whole drawing part, then put the work into Illustrator to compress, then using the SVGOMG to compress more, usually these steps can changes an SVG from over 40kb to under 10kb. So the correct settings are Presentation Attributes?
In this case it appears to be the way the style sheet is written (the bit between the <defs> tags), that's causing the problem, I'm not saying it's always going to be the wrong setting, but as far as I can tell, it's what's causing the problem this time around.

In this case it appears to be the way the style sheet is written (the bit between the <defs> tags), that's causing the problem, I'm not saying it's always going to be the wrong setting, but as far as I can tell, it's what's causing the problem this time around.
OK I got it. I tried one using Presentation Attributes and got a 14.3kb file, this time it goes all well. Thanks, you really save me from this annoying problem💪

Back