Help posting a pic from a slide.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigJamesGTI
  • 9 comments
  • 527 views
Messages
1,931
I have a "slide" of my first car and you would laugh for ages if I could post the pic of it.

So Ive got a scanner but the slide is really really small - How can I streeeetch the pic out without distorting it ???

Ive a sneaky feeling a reply might be to use a paint program but I no have ?
If thats the case where can I d/l one for "free" that I can use without a trial 30 day period thing ??

Thanks

 
BigJamesGTI
I have a "slide" of my first car and you would laugh for ages if I could post the pic of it.

So Ive got a scanner but the slide is really really small - How can I streeeetch the pic out without distorting it ???

Ive a sneaky feeling a reply might be to use a paint program but I no have ?
If thats the case where can I d/l one for "free" that I can use without a trial 30 day period thing ??

Thanks


http://www.jasc.com/products/trialreg.asp?pid=k-psp8-usdir

Paintshop Pro 8 should do the trick ;)
 
Its only free for the 30 day trial thing though. Am I likely to find a downloadable paint program that is free with no trial period ?
 
BigJamesGTI
Its only free for the 30 day trial thing though. Am I likely to find a downloadable paint program that is free with no trial period ?

Sorry.. Misread your first post about the 30 day trial period thingy.. But no, I don't think there's any free picture editing tools for Windows.. There is for Linux though..

Have you tried Tucows ?... If there is a free program, they're most likely to have it...
 
No worries - thanks though, at least it gives me something to look at when I get home onto my own PC
 
^^ Gimp is really good
 
gmartin
Gimp is free for Windows and Linux, and is brilliant. http://www.gimp.org/
See.. Shows how little I know - Nobody should listen to anything that comes from me....
 
Change the settings on the scanner. Scan it in at a higher resolution. That'll make it bigger.
 
I'll try gimp and the resolution on the scanner - but later though, Im a bit annoyed at England at the mo
 
Back