Help: ps3 crashed after 1.12 update

  • Thread starter Thread starter fluegelmann
  • 20 comments
  • 1,061 views
Messages
31
Germany
Stade
yesterday I had the chance to update my ps3 and drive the new Zahara track.
When I did the Scirocco event in the pre-last sector on a straight my ps froze for about 3 minutes. The short time it ran afterwards it operated all the tasks I`ve given while it was frozen.

Then it froze again and I had to shut the system down by hand after an hour waiting.
When restarting the usual disc recovery screen popped up and did the usual procedure, all worked well.

Then I did the GTO event and my ps3 froze in a different sector (do not remember which exactly).
Same procedure had to shut it down, but now when restarting it does the disc recovery process over and over again (with about 15 Minutes black screen after finishing the process completely).

I guess that might be the end for my ps3, but maybe someone of you has some onformation on what I could try to rescue it.

Won`t buy another ps3 if this is crashed, but the time waiting for GT on ps4 would be soooo long.

Glad for your help guys!
 
Does the PS3 get really hot or does it just crash whenever?
 
How is the PS3 laying on the desk (or whatever you use)? Horizontal? Vertical?
 
Have you tried blowing in the vents in the back? With it laying on the floor, you might have a little accumulation of dust.
 
Have you tried blowing in the vents in the back? With it laying on the floor, you might have a little accumulation of dust.

Am trying now. blew in the vents. No visible dust came out, but maybe that helps. Will take some time because disc recovery starts over again
 
Am trying now. blew in the vents. No visible dust came out, but maybe that helps. Will take some time because disc recovery starts over again

If you have a compressor you can take the wand and blow it out with about 50 PSI. That would work better. You can't hurt it by blowing some air.
 
If you have a compressor you can take the wand and blow it out with about 50 PSI. That would work better. You can't hurt it by blowing some air.

Unfortuantely I do not have one. Process is done, same black screen again. Any other idea?
 
Hmmm...is it the fat, slim, or super slim PS3 model?

(I've gotta go to sleep, I'll get back on this after Church)
 
warm I´d say
Can you put your PS3 on to a coffee table and turn it off for 30 minute and then turn it on see what it does, can you do that now because I will be on this forum for a while.
 
Can you put your PS3 on to a coffee table and turn it off for 30 minute and then turn it on see what it does, can you do that now because I will be on this forum for a while.


doing it now. thanks for your help
 
try to restore file system in safe mode now. hope this will work. Otherwise I´ll have to restore the whole system and lose all files. Thank you guys for helping
 
try to restore file system in safe mode now. hope this will work. Otherwise I´ll have to restore the whole system and lose all files. Thank you guys for helping
Just remember to backup your save game data to a USB so you do not loose your game save if you have to do a system restore.
 
Last edited:
Back