Help! Special Event - Grand Tour: Tuscan Time Trial

  • Thread starter Thread starter MidianGTX
  • 8 comments
  • 8,030 views
Messages
1,282
Messages
MidianGTX
I simply cannot settle for bronze on this one, I'm a silver person. Nothing I do seems to elevate my time above 2:00 and I can't even figure out why. It took me a couple of attempts before I realized TCS was actually stopping me from accelerating properly... the car just felt broken, but even with that off I'm having trouble. Any tips?

Oh, and while I've got your attention... what's the best car for the Gran Turismo Rally special events?
 
I struggled with this one too, the lighting seems to be glitchy, often with the elevation changes (esp. uphill), my car's headlights would not illuminate the road ahead of me, can't see anything at all
 
Hm. I think you're talking about the Tuscan Battle, with the Lambos? The one I'm struggling with is the Time Trial, not sure what the car is but it's broad daylight :)
 
What I think will help you the most here is balancing and countersteering the car when in 2nd gear and full throttle. For those sweeping turns, don't try to follow the dirt path completely, they are there to fool you sometimes :lol: Instead, attack and actually put your car through the apexes. Brake early in the turns so you can cut the turn really deep and again, if you can be at full throttle as you exit and learn to make the car behave on exit, you will be fine.

Also for that really fast section after the two big jumps (that sweeps left) don't brake, only lift the throttle if you have to and carry that speed into that last right turn and make that last turn an early apex so you can point the car straighter and get on the gas sooner. HTH.

Jerome
 
MidianGTX:
I was having the exact same issue. Solid silver player, was getting within a second of getting bronze but just couldn't do it no matter how hard I pushed. The car was just crapping out at low RPM's and unable to keep in gear through turns. Seeing your post that mentioned TCS got me thinking, and I lowered that to 3 and deactivated the ASM system and Active Steering and I beat Bronze by 10 seconds on the first try with some smooth drifting! HTH
 
Ah, I'm not the only silver grubber, anyways, I'm having the
same trouble, though, have everything turned off and so far
I'm about 1.66 secs away from silver.

Also, so I'm not the only one having trouble with lighting? That sun becomes blinding on
some rally tracks and I get walled.

Another note, the night trial with the lamborghini is not the night,
but the lamborgini's control getting me in second. Spins too easily.
 
Ah, I'm not the only silver grubber, anyways, I'm having the
same trouble, though, have everything turned off and so far
I'm about 1.66 secs away from silver.

Also, so I'm not the only one having trouble with lighting? That sun becomes blinding on
some rally tracks and I get walled.

Another note, the night trial with the lamborghini is not the night,
but the lamborgini's control getting me in second. Spins too easily.

I got my silver trophy today :) The only real advice I can give is cut as many corners as you can since it doesn't slow you down, and try not to slow down too much on the corners. If you're going to slow you'll have trouble getting the engine power back up again, so try staying a little faster and sliding the back wheels out while keeping the revs high.
 
The best car for each GT Rally:
Beginner: Audi TT
Intermediate: Gold the Loeb rally and win the C4 and use it
Expert: Unless you win a nice rally car from the intermediate, use the C4 again.

Do not adjust the oil on the first two, or else you will be over the regulation. What I also noticed is that the winning car for the Expert is utter patheticness.
 
Back