[Help]Time Attack agains the modded Scion

• Thread starter xlsound
  • 11 comments
Portugal
Évora,Portugal
xlsound
I there i'm playing this event to win the Scion in the Time Attack challenge but i need some help i was playing with Porche GT2 but i can't beat it(lack of skills or some tune needed i don't know lol).

So can someone help me, wich car should i use and a good tune to beat it?

1. Lower difficulty level.
2. Lower a little gears so your car could accelerate faster.
3. Master every corner at that track so you could know it perfectly.
4. Try until you win, or change cars if you must.

I Posted this on another Time Attack-related thread but it also applies to your question:

If you want to get an idea of the approximate time you have to beat for the Time Attack Championship events for the car you have chosen, pull over after the start and watch what times the AI are running (Rado Scion is not always the fastest), the fastest time will be posted every lap.

...but make sure to quit the event before the clock runs out so you do not lose the event.

...then as per USSR's advise above, go to Quick Race/Time Attack mode and practice there until you can consistently beat the fastest AI times that were posted while you sat on the side of the track.

Last edited:
Thank you both for the tips i'm going to try it out and see if i can manage to beat the AI times on quickrace/Time Attack

use the murcielago up to 1900 PI and you can destroy him. At hard difficilty with a 1900 murcielago i was like 2 secondo faster than his times at the first try

use the murcielago up to 1900 PI and you can destroy him. At hard difficilty with a 1900 murcielago i was like 2 secondo faster than his times at the first try
That's the GT5 way to win!!

If you can't beat 'em, just go get a car with 300 more BHP....

For what its worth, I was having trouble with it as well as I was trying to beat him with my Lamborghini Murcielago PI 1488 (the Scion is PI 1900), which I managed to do so relatively easily the first couple tracks, but the last couple I just couldnt quite beat him. (still won due to series points), but I had assumed it was PI B rated cars (dumb mistake).

Most tracks are best suited with fast acceleration and high speed cornering cars, as there are too few places to really break 150+ mph very often.

Since then I've gone back and used a variety of cars to beat him, but the key was definitely using a much closer rated PI car in the A range. The Acceleration aspect is relatively easy to achieve by picking the right cars and using upgrades for acceleration (top speed isnt all that imporant) and simply tuning the engine for acceleration. The cornering/handling is more tricky however, and here is where it really comes down to how you're best at driving corners yourself.

Personally I dont recommend using anything in the 2000+ PI range, as it may be easier to beat Rado, but you'll also have a much more difficult time managing the car itself, as well as much more irritating competition.

A 1600-1800 PI rated Lamborghini Murcielago should have no problems beating the Scion. Typically a clean lap while "playing it safe" was enough, and I found more success using that method than pushing hard for the most out of every corner with occasional errors.

I there i want to thanks for all of your tips, i've managed to beat it yesterday on 4 tracks and in all of them i got about 2 to 3 seconds gap from 1st to 2nd place, the Scion is now on my garage :) thanks again the tips where helpfull.

sorry for the english.

I ended up using a worked Evo IX and found it wasnt too great a challenge... well, except for the Doncaster track, but I just hate that track and its numerous off camber bends

There is also a car that you can race with that doesn't need any tunes or upgrades the Gumpert Appolo wins easy that challenge

this race pissed me off to the point where I full on rammed the bloody thing on glendale (night race) smashed my car up pretty badly, but it took him out of the race, which put me 4 places ahead of him at the end of the series.

yeah i know, cheap as, but when he takes you out on the first corner every time, I had to get my own back.

Back