Help (Time Sensitive): Legendary Car Performance

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
In addition to cars I’m looking at from Brand Central, including Invitations from Ferrari & Aston Martin, there are a handful of ”Big Ticket” cars from the Legendary Dealer, some of which i’m sure will disappear soon, likely today. I’ve seen reviews on a number of them but only comparisons between other similar legendary cars like the (Sauber C9 ‘89), (R92CP ‘92), (787B ‘91) and the (XJR-9 ‘88) available now. Some have said it’s worth buying all of those and I could if it’s worth it doing so. I’ve saved up about 25M and would like to make some purchases today but don’t want to hastily spend too much without being informed.

FYI: - I’ve completed all of the Menu Books and most of the Extra Menus (sans the lvl. 45), a Couple Missions and All Licenses except Gold on Super so I don’t need a car for a specific event

Please help with any the following questions:

1) Do any of the cars from the Legendary Dealer offer better performance (by Class, Group or pp rating) than what’s available from Brand Central? (Stock or Tuned)

2) If Yes, which are worth buying for performance only? I’m happy to buy for novelty reasons later on.

3) Are there any that are particularly unique/fun to drive or have better lap times on certain races than Brand Central Cars?

4) Are their races designed for these cars aside from the few races from the couple Menu Books for 60’s/70’s & 80’s/90’s cars?

5) Is the very expensive (Mark IV ‘67) anything special aside from being necessary for the “Legendary Trophy”?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Its much appreciated

I would personally prioritise the invitation cars first, I bought them all when the ticket "easter egg" was active, though it still took me many hours to get the last invitation. The reason is I think they will statistically come up less often than the LCD cars cycle, and if my experience with the ticket easter egg is anything to go by, you could possibly be waiting years for a specific invitation. The LCD cars are, I think, basically guaranteed to be available every few months.

I used the '66 Ford GT for the Alsace Human Comedy mission, and the McLaren F1 '94 is decent for Tokyo, but apart from that, it's really only the Gr legendary cars I'd see as essential to own. I don't race online, though, and mainly just try different cars for the Tokyo 600 race. You can rent any car for online racing anyway. One of the best cars I've tried recently for the Tokyo 600 was actually the Celica '94, which is pretty cheap from the UCD, my philosophy with the game is just to enjoy driving the cars for that race, let the credits accumulate, and not worry about trying to own everything quickly. I have 26m credits at the moment, and I have every car that is currently in the LCD, without ever having done any grinding as such.

Pretty much any of these cars can be a breadwinner at the Sardegna event with some detuning. It's hard for me to answer which one to get because I love that kind of car for historical reasons, but if you don't feel any attachment to any of them, I suppose the rational way to do it is to buy one of them and drive it a bit to see how you like it, and then decide if you want the others. Then you can start with the cheapest one or use any other criterion (the Mazda has the distinctive rotary engine sound, but other than that they have more or less similar performance).

Thanks for the advice Breeminator, Faldrath & OldandSlow,

I forgot to ask in my previous post, should I keep cash on hand for anything particularly special and/or expensive in the used car dealer aside from any models to complete ”extra menus”?

I will definitely take advantage of the invites as suggested.

The XJR-9 disappeared but I can pick up the other two recommended (787B & C9). Is it best that I pass on the Nissan R92CP ‘92?
I’m still a little confused on the performance of the Legends compared to newer Gr.1 from Brand Central. Are the older cars specifically for “de-tuning” to a lower pp or is there a benefit in maxing them out?

Regarding Tokyo 600, I enjoy testing different cars on it. The F-40 I missed looked promising, not sure what the top speed was but the power/weight ratio looked good.

I’ve been using the DP-100 with good success (finishing ~25.3’s with some 2:04 laps as it needs NO Pit Stops)
Unfortunately, I do not have the A220 and I haven’t grabbed a Delta HF to swap my extra Nismo engine. I’m thinking about it but it feels like a big decision when I’ve only won a small handful of engines. I have no idea how people get so many. I get that you can buy a new engine for a car but Is there another way to acquire them for swapping besides roulette tickets?
Like this attached screenshot I took from someone’s video. How is this possible?

Attachments

• E69631C2-2021-4531-9D83-A88E563A5948.jpeg
    E69631C2-2021-4531-9D83-A88E563A5948.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 9
As mentioned, the 787B.
Also the Nissan is probably the best one for the extra menu "Nostalgia", so I would go for it.
When available, don't miss the Alpine A220 (on of the cheapest cars on LCD) and the Alfa Romeo 155 Gr. 4 (DTM car)

Back