Help! TM t500rs firmware update error

• Thread starter snyde044
  • 6 comments
United States
Okinawa
BloodOnTheFrets
Hey all,

New here so go easy. Been playing GT5 & codemasters F1 (both on PS3)series for a few years, & decided to spice it up and get a wheel.
I wanted the F1 wheel so I picked up a brand new TM t500rs and the F1 addon wheel.
I played the stock wheel w/GT5 for a few hours & its great, so I decided to try out the F1 wheel. I dont have a gaming computer so I have to update the firmware through my laptop. I installed the drivers just like the TM guide says and made sure it showed up in the gaming controller list. Then I ran the firmware updater program and after about a minute of nothing happening I got the following error message:

"ERROR:time-out device should have arrived in BULK (code 0434100001)"

Now the wheel doesnt show up in the game controllers list on my laptop and my PS3 doesnt recognize it, so my brand new $600 wheel has been rendered useless by a failed firmware upgrade.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Anyone know a fix action? I sent TM an email but havent heard back from them yet.

Hope that when I get this fixed I'll get to race some of you all online & thanks for any help you can offer!

-Jon

My advice is to get in touch with TM which you already did.

When I got in touch with TM Customer Service- after writing them a detailed email explaining my problem (it wasn't firmware related), it took about a day before they got in touch with me. So I'd wait for their answer.

If you don't get prompt reply, write another email but this time let them know you belong to a GT5/Sim-racing community and that poor Customer Service on TM's part would be announced on a forum like this one (provide them the link to this forum's T500RS thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135961).

I have exactly the same problem with my T500RS wheel. Exactly the same message, "ERROR:time-out device should have arrived in BULK (code 0434100001)" and now mine is not recognised by the PC.

But mine is only one day old. Needless to say I'm not impressed.

It is obviously a fault with the wheel so I think it needs replacing. But I hope I don't suffer in the way this guy has when he sent his back for RMA to Thrustmaster...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=255923

I am going to contact the suppliers and ask them to replace it and they can send it back to Thrustmaster and wait forever and a day for them to replace it.

One of the biggest causes of errors with the T500 is when loading the driver the wheel must be unplugged until it tells you to plug it in, failing to do so will cause an error every time.

Left is right. Plus the op uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it and it works now. It's just a guess but maybe they've had the wheels plugged in when they shouldn't

Firmware Update Recovery Procedure after error code 0434100001:

Press both L3 and R3 keys and hold them down.
Plug in the wheel's USB cable.
Wait for additional 5 seconds.
Remove fingers from L3 and R3 keys.

Now Windows should recognize the wheel again. Repeat the Firmware Upgrade Procedure. If it fails again, repeat it on another PC.

For me it fails twice with Windows 8 on an iMac 27" and succeeded afterwards on my old Windows 7 PC.

Use only the rear USB plugs, not the plug at the PC's front!

Firmware Update Recovery Procedure after error code 0434100001:

Press both L3 and R3 keys and hold them down.
Plug in the wheel's USB cable.
Wait for additional 5 seconds.
Remove fingers from L3 and R3 keys.

Now Windows should recognize the wheel again. Repeat the Firmware Upgrade Procedure. If it fails again, repeat it on another PC.

For me it fails twice with Windows 8 on an iMac 27" and succeeded afterwards on my old Windows 7 PC.

Use only the rear USB plugs, not the plug at the PC's front!
I literally had this issue and I wasn't sure what the error code was unfortunately safe to say I came across this and it actually worked.

Thank you very much.

Back