Help Tuning Settings for Starting Dash

• Thread starter amacatan
  • 2 comments
I seem to be having trouble fine tuning the settings of my cars after buying all of the mods for it (FD RX7 490+hp, AE86 Trueno 190+hp). I always skid and over-rev my cars during the starting dash on first gear. Some of you may suggest for me to just adjust the gears to make it more wider but, I like the way it is currently set as more into a sport setting when tackling the corners (i.e. set as 5 on auto gear setting). Making it more wider will compensate into lousy handling/acceleration during the corners.

Anyone encountered the same problem? By the way, I'm already using Super Soft tires so I guess I should already have the maximum grip during the starting dash.

Thanks for the reply Lancer Drifter.

Actually, that is what I have been doing. But my concern is, I seem to have no use of the first gear at all. Even during cornering, I couldnt down shift to first gear (when I feel my car is too slow in second) since its tendency is to skid and overrev (sorry for the confusion on the subject; my cars does not only overrev during the starting dash but also during mid-race). Another example is when my car spun out and coming from a stop, it still skids and overrevs on first gear. Does anyone have a similar experience as this?

By the way, I have already set my transmission as widest on auto gear settings. Not to forget that I still have those super soft tires on all four wheels.

Back