Help with a school project?

United States
Gotham
ImBruceWayne
Box with an X?
Hey guys,

I'm currently in college and was assigned to make a 3-5 minute video regarding internet addiction for my communication course, and was thinking if anyone on here had any good ideas to contribute. The video can be informal up to a certain extent, can be funny, and really has no restrictions other than language and that sort of things. The topic of internet addiction should be covered generally, and should engage the class audience and make sure they don't get bored out.

I was thinking to get an actor to play a victim of internet addiction and sort of show examples from his life of how he keeps ignoring real people to get online. It is quite cliche though and I know you guys probably have much more creative ideas than I do at this moment. 👍

Any help is appreciated, and if this thread is not in the right section, my apologies.

Thanks!

Make it about me. I often put off homework or even bed because GTP is too addicting.

Re-create that World of Warcraft Southpark episode. Just use a website instead a game, though an online game could work I guess.

What about the topic of rage quitting a game? Film someone playing an excessively difficult game and capture the moments of their rage. this portrays the addiction reaching a point so bad that the nature of the person becomes rather violent.

What about the topic of rage quitting a game? Film someone playing an excessively difficult game and capture the moments of their rage. this portrays the addiction reaching a point so bad that the nature of the person becomes rather violent.

Or you could just use this...and who could forget this?

I don't remember if there is language or not (and I don't have any audio to check with at the moment), but for safety's sake I would say language-conscious members take caution.

ImBruceWayne
I was thinking to get an actor to play a victim of internet addiction and sort of show examples from his life of how he keeps ignoring real people to get online. It is quite cliche though and I know you guys probably have much more creative ideas than I do at this moment.

Sadly, that isn't just cliche; there are many people who will actually do that due to the extent of their addiction. In pursuit of that new notification, or viral video, or funny picture, or GT5 lap time :D , or whatever else, this can and does occur.

^ The Greatest Freakout Ever. There's like 20 of them and I'm pretty sure they're all fake.

One of them definitely was because the kid found the recording and asked him to delete it, so they had to re-do it.

I think Schwartz's idea is really good, or you can do the follow-up of an intervention and film a internet rehab sort of thing?

Back