Help with B-Spec

  • Thread starter Thread starter djblackmon
  • 15 comments
  • 837 views
Messages
524
Billy Bob Bo Jangles(My B-Spec driver name) really like to go off-road on lots of tracks, and if there is no off-road he likes to hit walls. Does anybody know how to make the B-Spec driver control the car better?? My ride height is always set to lowest, maybe if I set it higher will that help?? The off-road is usually caused by poor braking, or over steer. I always have the B-Spec set at 5 overtake, and on x3.
 
I noticed that on sharp corners and certain hairpin corners my driver often hit the dirt so just before he got to that turn i would slow him down to either 4 or 3 depending and turn off overtake. As soon as he got through the turn it was back to 5 speed
 
B spec does not drive that well at speed 5.
3 seems to be the best for B spec to stay on road.
Also in GT4 the lowest ride hight does not equal best suspension set up.
(most cars are better set up about 10-15 above the lowest setting)

Go have a look at Scaffs tuning guide for some very good information.
 
Okay, so it never occurred to you that asking your incredibly unintelligent B-spec driver to drive at full-blast all the time and pass at every opportunity might lead to crashes, and that you might want to tell him to slow down a bit?

Or did you assume for some odd reason that speeds 1-4 were vestigial?
 
the thing about B-Spec is that you need to watch over your driver if you want to win! i always watch him and when it comes to corners, i (most of the time) slow him down to 3. then on straights, turn him up to 5. :D
 
tommeh
the thing about B-Spec is that you need to watch over your driver if you want to win! i always watch him and when it comes to corners, i (most of the time) slow him down to 3. then on straights, turn him up to 5. :D

Precisely! Although I've never B-specced a race myself, the B-Spec mode is supposed to be race-manager mode. Not set-it-and-forget-it mode, as a lot of people seem to think. Race manager means exactly that. How many times have you seen Frank Williams or Flavio Briatore watch the first 5 minutes of a race, and then walk away thinking "job done"? :dopey: Similarly you never see Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho wander off for a prawn sandwich after 5 minutes of the first-half of a match! Or Bill Cowher (he's the only American Football coach I can think of!) watching the first play of a Steelers game, then going home? :dunce: The team includes the manager, and the manager must be present at all time to do his job for the team to perform! 💡
Although watching Sven-Moron Erickson "manage" England in the World Cup, it seems we'd opted for the "set-it-and-forget-it" strategy! We might as well have had a cardboard Sven cut-out for all the motivation he provided during the games!!!! :lol:
 
Smallhorses
Precisely! Although I've never B-specced a race myself, the B-Spec mode is supposed to be race-manager mode. Not set-it-and-forget-it mode, as a lot of people seem to think. Race manager means exactly that. How many times have you seen Frank Williams or Flavio Briatore watch the first 5 minutes of a race, and then walk away thinking "job done"? :dopey: Similarly you never see Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho wander off for a prawn sandwich after 5 minutes of the first-half of a match! Or Bill Cowher (he's the only American Football coach I can think of!) watching the first play of a Steelers game, then going home? :dunce: The team includes the manager, and the manager must be present at all time to do his job for the team to perform! 💡
Although watching Sven-Moron Erickson "manage" England in the World Cup, it seems we'd opted for the "set-it-and-forget-it" strategy! We might as well have had a cardboard Sven cut-out for all the motivation he provided during the games!!!! :lol:
I have to give +REP for this response as it is both accurate and bloody entertaining to read... especially the analogy of Erickson at the World Cup. :lol:
 
Keep the ride height at stock, when on the straights, put it to 4 (fast), and in the corners, put it on 3 or 2. B-spec drivers seem to work the best at stock ride heights and suspension settings. The only times you need to put it on 5 is on La Sarthe II Hunaudieres Straight, on the Test Course, and on the straightaway on the Nurburgring.

Another possible solution: Don't use B-Spec mode :)
 
Well on most tracks like Nurburgring, NY, and El Capitan he drove good. When it came down to Fuji, and Infineon he drives terrible even on 3. Usually I will have to put it all the way down to 1 then he drives good. Maybe it is my suspension.

By the way, all my endurance races, I use the Pescarolo and it whoops the others until it comes to corners, I g off-road and they all pass me.
 
I've just used Nigel to win the 300KM 246 Race and he did ok. I noticed one crash and I dont think I've used B-Spec much. I have 1040 B-Spec points, no idea if that is good or bad. He was driving his Audi R8, so won by 5 laps. But still, the FTO wasn't worth sitting for 40 minutes, watching and making the odd pit-stop.
 
vectradriver
I've just used Nigel to win the 300KM 246 Race....He was driving his Audi R8, so won by 5 laps.

Yeah, but give anyone that sort of overkill and they'll win anyway!
Even hammy the hamster in daan's avatar could win that race against JGTC and DTM cars in a LeMans racer! :lol:

samj_13
Another possible solution: Don't use B-Spec mode :)

Amen to that! 👍
 
hey I like to turn up to a knife fight with a rocket launcher...

...it doesn't bother me if I let the game challenge me, I don't play it for that.
 
Smallhorses
Precisely! Although I've never B-specced a race myself, the B-Spec mode is supposed to be race-manager mode. Not set-it-and-forget-it mode, as a lot of people seem to think. Race manager means exactly that.

I B-specced my way to a clean sweep of all 15 races in the Formula GT championship. For some of the races, I was VERY involved, at times adjusting Bob's pace several times per lap, or turning 'overtake' off until a clear passing opportunity arises. In addition, I'd make strategic pit moves, like pitting a few laps early rather than spend those few laps in traffic.

Yeah, there are a few car/track combos where Bob can run '5' all day, but if you actually act like a Flavio Briatore and help your driver make the right moves, you'll find that you can do significantly better than "set-it-and-forget-it"...
 
I usually set it to 3, occasionally 4. Never use 5, even with full experience it will still go off-roading.
 
vectradriver
hey I like to turn up to a knife fight with a rocket launcher...
That's priceless. :dopey:
 
Back