Help with C-West Silvia

Colombia
Bogotá
GTP_Suitan (w/ an i), SultanRS4
I'm tuning a Nissan C-West Razo Silvia, according to my style.

The problems are: It doesn't break loose easily at high speeds, downforce is making it harder, and suspension.

Settings:

Its completely stock, new.

Ride Height: 85/85
Spring Rate and the rest: Stock
Downforce: 25/30
N1 tires.
It has 300 hp.

If the rear downforce is too little, the car is uncontrollable. And too much the car will never break loose. And I'm not really good at suspension tuning.

A big part of the problem is that the car you've picked was never meant to drift. It's a JGTC300 car so it was built to be damn fast round corners without losing grip... against this background I'd say that you're in for a tough challenge.

- R -

Yeah that was exactly the point. Its like drifting an FGT.

I read the suspension FAQ and from what I understand, raising spring rates will not help??? Softer springs (lowering I think) will have more body roll, but more stability.

What want is to have the car be a tiny bit more unstable than stable, to have a little more rear downforce.

hey hey, another one whos interested in drifting race cars. Nice! High 5. Yes I personally find it hard to drift a race car with min downforce, this is like a small formual i made up i used on LMs. Try this on your silvia, your downforce: front should be maxxed, the back should be 8 units more than the front. for example: LMs have 63 max in the front, and 88 in the back. But now i will drop the 88 to 71. Why? well 63 + 8 = 71..

there you go, try it out, it made be more tame this way.

Thanks. The car is going a bit faster for some reason. But it does keep it stable.

Any ideas on how the suspension should go? Ride height is fine.

Back