Help with Extreme Nascar Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Viper-No-1-
  • 17 comments
  • 2,567 views
Messages
388
Hi i have completed all of the Extreme series except for the Extreme Nascar Series.

What car would be the best to complete this.
What settings for the Nascar would be best.


When i complete this race what car do i get for completing the races series and for completing the extreme events.

Thanks in advance for the help.
 
A Nascar would be best since you can't enter in anything else.:sly:
They are all the same so it doesn't matter which one.

Read here ( GT5 Prize Car List/Unlockables ) to find out what you win.

Look here ( GT5 Tuning Forum ) if you need a tune. I didn't use one I just maxed out the downforce and changed the top speed depending on the track.
 
Set the gear box for 300 kmh on the road courses, ~350 on ovals, and full downforce on all the tracks except Daytona. It was ridiculously easy to win like that.
 
When leaving the pits, let a few other cars go in front of you. You'll need them in front`of you so you can draft and slingshot past them at the right time.
 
When leaving the pits, let a few other cars go in front of you. You'll need them in front`of you so you can draft and slingshot past them at the right time.

What???? He is talking about the Nascar Series in Extreme events not the Nascar Special Event. Did you even bother to read his post.:rolleyes:
 
Set the gear box for 300 kmh on the road courses, ~350 on ovals, and full downforce on all the tracks except Daytona. It was ridiculously easy to win like that.
I'll give daytona a try without downforce. I golded all of the races EASILY, yet I always get rammed off daytona. On my 3rd and last try, I made it through the last two laps in first place then they kept ramming me until I spun out. It's just impossible to keep a distance from them -.-
 
tdk
I'll give daytona a try without downforce. I golded all of the races EASILY, yet I always get rammed off daytona. On my 3rd and last try, I made it through the last two laps in first place then they kept ramming me until I spun out. It's just impossible to keep a distance from them -.-

Just like real life! :dunce:
 
tdk
I'll give daytona a try without downforce. I golded all of the races EASILY, yet I always get rammed off daytona. On my 3rd and last try, I made it through the last two laps in first place then they kept ramming me until I spun out. It's just impossible to keep a distance from them -.-

Of all 5 races, Daytona was hardest IMO. It wasnt that hard for me to get first, but you have to move around the track to keep the other cars from drafting, and block a lot. I ended up winning it by about 4 seconds after 20 laps. The distance between me and 2nd was between -1 minute and +4 or 5 seconds the whole race.
 
Thanks for the help.

I can win 3 of the races with no problem however i still seem to spin out alot as in tyres overheat and car skids all over on some courses.
 
Set the gear box for 300 kmh on the road courses, ~350 on ovals, and full downforce on all the tracks except Daytona. It was ridiculously easy to win like that.

Had trouble with Nascar. Went with your settings and won the championship on the 1st go back at the wheel. Thanks, they worked great. The race turned out easy meat in the end.
 
i win daytona every time by running just above the lower yellow line, that way the other cars can not get under you and flip you around
run like this (legal side of the line) all race and they will just creep past you around lap 8, but stick to the yellow line and they fall away
 
Is this the one where it helps to turn off ABS?
 
This series is actually quite easy, even on the racing hard tires the cars come with, and is really, really fun (like all the other extreme series events with non-upgraded cars). I did this series with only an oil change, all aids off except ABS 3 (like I always use).

Even on racing hard the nascars turn really well (I did NO tuning btw), but they are really powerful that you need to really be light and smooth on the throttle exiting corners or it is very easy to spin out. In fact, the car has so much torque that I found it was possible to keep it in a higher gear to avoid the spinning the tires, it is powerful enough that it will still accelerate strongly. I even got way over aggressive while leading by 10+ seconds on grand valley that I put the rear tires on the grass a few times and would spin off, but it was still easy enough to make up the time and get back to a nice lead.
 
Is this the one where it helps to turn off ABS?

Definitely turn off ABS. Don't set it to 1, but to 0. The Daytona race, and I think Indy as well, have ASM turned on no matter what you do, and I think maybe one other assist, but turning ABS completely off prevents it from hindering you. It's not as though you're going to be braking around Daytona anyway.
 
I use all assists off (I use a wheel - G25); 249 top speed for transmission (mph); camber and toe; no downforce needed; work your throttle.

Never give the A.I. the inside and on the straights you can use them to bump you faster; just make sure you never, ever give them the inside line 👍
 
Thank you guys

I feel a little :s now lol did the changes and won every race on average 7sec's ahead of the nearest car.

What a rubbish car to win Pontiac Tempest Le mans GTO 64 :S
 
Back