Help With HDRPS4 

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 2 comments
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
Heyo! Ive recently purchased an HDR compatible monitor for use with my base PS4. However, the HDR configurator for just doesn't seem to be working. Here's what I mean.

These are the three HDR callibration screens. They are all supposed to display as this:
Ehck.jpg

Where you can see all the text, the logo and the brighter/darker slider. However, the other two display weirdly for my device:

Ehck 2.jpg

On this screen, no matter which way I move the slider, the logo is never remotely visible. Could be a simple compatability issue. However this is the first screen that shows up:

Ehck 3.jpg

No text, no logo, no instructions. You can clearly see that the display is outputting some information correctly, i.e the arrow and the gray box look normal. However something is obviously very wrong here. The PS4 says my device is fully compatible, the cable is plugged in correctly, and the device itself is certainly perfectly compatible with HDR. In fact it runs HDR content on my PC just fine. I cannot begin to explain what is going on here. Does anyone on here have any ideas?

The screen itself is one HP Pavillion 27x QLED, as shown on the HP storepage here: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-27-quantum-dot-27-inch-display

any help would be absolutely awesome. Thanks!

Annoyingly, I have tried all those things aswell. Nothing budges.

Ive done some more testing with my computer, and its also behaving really strangely. The OS is running incredibly poorly whenever i plug it into the monitor. At first i was thinking there was a serious problem with the monitors refresh rate, because it was just jittering so badly; moving the mouse around in circles would sometimes see flawless smooth circles, and sometimes extremely jittery lag. I was thinking of returning the monitor, but then I tried it in Shadow of the Tomb Raider: flawless monitor performance, HDR working beautifully, and god it looks so good. I dont understand why plugging my computer into a monitor would make the OS run incredibly poorly, and yet a highly demanding video game would run so smoothly at a nearly perfect 60FPS. So very odd.

Back