Help with Logo

United States
Colorado
I need so help with this an other logo I'm trying to convert. I'm using Inkscape to convert these logos. The problem I'm having is the center of this decal need to be black or clear & now its currently white. If someone could tell me how to fix this I would be grateful. I've uploaded the file so you can see what I'm talking about.

garystevens64

Attachments

• Quaker State Logo.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 14
Select the Black shape that forms the outline of the Q, and then select the white area inside the Q.

upload_2019-3-12_21-11-20.png

Then goto Path menu and select 'Difference'...

You'll need to do the little bit inside the stroke of the Q the same way...

upload_2019-3-12_21-13-36.png

I know I've asked you about this before & I am sorry about. But I asked you about other problems that I was having you explained in detail how to fix it and I can't find what you said for me to do. So if it isn't a problem for you at your convenience would you please explain (in detail) to me again. And then I won't keep ask for your help. Thanks again for all of you help that you have provided me with all of my questions.

garystevens64

dann,
I have another question for you if you don't mind. What it the best way to put letters on a circle or arch? I've attached a Texaco Logo that circular in shape. As you can see the letters look pretty crappy nor are they centered in the right area. I know you are a busy person so when ever you get a few extra minutes could you please take a look at it. And then let me know how to fix it like you did the last question I asked.

Attachments

• Texaco Motor Oil Logo.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 9
dann,
I have a question about this decal and I wanted to see if there is any other way to make it smaller. I've gone through all the steps I know but it still is just a bit larger than whats required. So far the only way I can get it to work is by splitting it up into 2 parts. If you can check it out & let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

garystevens64

Attachments

• Hawk Performance Break Pads Logo.svg
    16.3 KB · Views: 9
dann,
I have a question about this decal and I wanted to see if there is any other way to make it smaller. I've gone through all the steps I know but it still is just a bit larger than whats required. So far the only way I can get it to work is by splitting it up into 2 parts. If you can check it out & let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

garystevens64

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but, aside from a few unnecessary nodes in the text, there's not much you can do other than run it through SVGOMG https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/ which gets it down under 15kb

upload_2019-5-26_17-13-15.png

edit: Tree'd by... dann

:D

That weird because I thought that I did run it through the SVGOMG. I'll try that again. Uselessly when i run into a file size problem I do go in and delete any extra nods to get it to fit. I guess I'll just have to play around with the letters and extra nods. Do you know which font style uses the least amount of nods? if you do please let me know and thanks again for your help with this stuff,

garystevens64

Back