Help with long endurance races

  • Thread starter Thread starter XBulbX
  • 5 comments
  • 1,135 views
Messages
140
Messages
XBulbX
With endurance races in B-spec, do you have to constantly watch your Bob as he races so he pits correctly or doesn't make any mistakes or slows down dramatically? Is it possible to leave him to his own devices overnight and come back and not find him in a ditch somewhere?

Also, with endurance races on A-spec, has anyone done the 24 hour races and how long did it take you to race the full 24h? I hear stories of people leaving their PS3 on for 4 weeks while they finish the race.

Any input would be appreciated.
 
I bought a used FGT, I let Bob run it in the endurance races. I didn't repair it yet, so Bob can't ruin it more than it is at the moment. My point is that as long as you throw Bob in an overpowered car, you can enter race, and then just come back later. I usually put m on the 1000km of Suzuka before I leave for school (5h 11m). He will always win :) And pit stops are auto - also change of driver, so no problems there.

If you put him in a car equal to the opposition, you need to babysit him because he tends to forget he is in a race, and Bob is very slow when the bar is on the far left blue side. 4h roadster on endurance come to mind, Bob was in a slightly overpowered Miata, left him 2 laps ahead of the rest, came back to find m finished 4th :/

So FGT it is ! He's gonna have to use it untill he makes me back the one million it cost me to repair it :)

PS: Always remember to put the best tires for the race, else you may find Bob in a ditch when you return :P
 
If you raced 1 hour a day you would be done in 24 days so 4 weeks is longer than anyone would take unless they only raced weekends.
Just depends on how much you race a day. If you did even 2 hours a day it would only be 12 days.
 
As long as he has a moderately stronger vehicle which is lightly tuned for the track he'll be racing on you can leave him and he'll be fine. I never direct my driver, I just set him up with a decent car and let him go and he never loses. He'll pit when he needs to and drive acceptably, there's no need to babysit him.
 
thanks for your input, maybe my Bob will be able to do it :sly:
 
when i come to the enduro races im probs goin to get the fastest car i own to dominate the opposition, then leave it in a ditch for 2 hours and see if im still first.
 
Back