Help with my Vauxhall/Opel Vectra 3.2

• Thread starter LondonSV
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
London-SV
Hey guys, I could use some help with my Vauxhall Vectra tune, I'm not too good at tuning and I can't get it right, the car understeers really bad no matter how you take the corner.

I want it to be tuned at 450pp to be able to use on most tracks.

I'm new to tuning so I don't fully understand exactly how to do it, so some pointers or if someone could make a tune for me would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Here is my tune:
Car- Vauxhall Vectra 3.2 V6 '03
450PP
Sports Hards

Susp-
95/105
7.90/5.80
6/6
8/4
2/4
0/0
-.5/0

Brakes-
Racing Brakes
3/7

Transmission-
I just set the top speed, not really sure what to do with this.

LSD-
Triple plate clutch

Power-
Engine Tuning 1
Sports Comp
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Cat
Intake Tuning
99.5% Power

Body-
Weight Reduction 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast 200kg/50 (55:45 weight distribution)

Whats your Nordschleife Laptime with your Vectra, and do you use a DS3 Controler or a wheel, if wheel which one?

I want to try your tune but I have a couple of questions about it:

Did you perform an oil change?

Transmission is a fully customizable one, and what´s the speed you set?

Front toe, is it - 0.50 or - 0.05?

Last edited:
In real life and Forza, the way to decrease understeer is:

Lower front of car and/or raise rear of car (ride height)

Lower the number (strength) of front springs

Lower the number of the front shocks

Lower the number of the front anti-roll bar

Increase the front camber from 0 (up to a point)

Increase front toe out. (this can really help in GT6)

If understeer is with power on, increase LSD acceleration number (middle number)

If understeer is with power off, increase LSD brake number (bottom number)

With that in mind, over half the cars in GT6 (most MR, RR and some FR) react backwards for the top two, springs and ride height, and sometimes shocks. It only takes one or two quick tests to prove if it's backwards. Just change the ride height so the car is high in the rear and low in the front. If it's a MR car with oversteer, and it improves, you know the ride height and springs are backwards. The LSD on all the cars reacts correctly.

And if you car oversteers:

Lower the rear and/or raise the front

Lower the rear spring number

Softer rear shocks

Lower the number of the rear anti roll bar

Add rear camber for low power cars. If you have a lot of power it may do best with little or 0 rear camber. GT6 is very sensitive to the difference between .2 and .5 rear camber in it's effects on oversteer and understeer, so try .2, .3, .4 and .5.

Add rear toe in (this really helps with high power cars)

Reduce the LSD accel number (middle number) if the oversteer is with power on

Decrease the LSD brake (bottom) number if the oversteer is with power off

Again, half the cars are somewhat backwards, so you may need to do the opposite with ride height, springs and sometimes shocks. So far, when the ride height reacts opposite, so do the springs.

Sorry for the backward thing, I didn't make the game.

Last edited:
Whats your Nordschleife Laptime with your Vectra, and do you use a DS3 Controler or a wheel, if wheel which one?

I want to try your tune but I have a couple of questions about it:

Did you perform an oil change?

Transmission is a fully customizable one, and what´s the speed you set?

Front toe, is it - 0.50 or - 0.05?

I haven't tried Nurb yet since the understeer is so bad, I'm just using Brands Hatch GP Circuit at the moment.

I just use the 6-speed transmission for now, I don't have a clue on how to set ratios just yet.

No oil change and the front toe is -0.05

Thanks

To set a gearbox is very good explained here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praiano-gt6-tunes-ford-mustang-boss-302.291084/ It´s the second post "how to set your gearbox" I use this method as a basis.

Ok, well I´m on it to set the Vectra up, I´ll post the results when I´m done. Currently finished with gearbox and LSD and gettin to suspension now, here could lie the problem with the backwards reactions as JuiceMcGoose explained above, but I´ll se that in a bit.

Note that I would not call myself a tuner, but I hope the results will help both of us. I was looking for a tune for that car myself, only had a Vectra OPC Replica which I set up according to the real life specs of the car (weight; transmission; spring rates and color Ardenblau :P ). But that isn´t any help as it´s understeering a lot, but so did the real thing! It´s 440PP and won´t run below 8:15 on Nurb, which is quite slow.

To set a gearbox is very good explained here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praiano-gt6-tunes-ford-mustang-boss-302.291084/ It´s the second post "how to set your gearbox" I use this method as a basis.

Ok, well I´m on it to set the Vectra up, I´ll post the results when I´m done. Currently finished with gearbox and LSD and gettin to suspension now, here could lie the problem with the backwards reactions as JuiceMcGoose explained above, but I´ll se that in a bit.

Note that I would not call myself a tuner, but I hope the results will help both of us. I was looking for a tune for that car myself, only had a Vectra OPC Replica which I set up according to the real life specs of the car (weight; transmission; spring rates and color Ardenblau :P ). But that isn´t any help as it´s understeering a lot, but so did the real thing! It´s 440PP and won´t run below 8:15 on Nurb, which is quite slow.

I like Vectra's in real life, I've driven the 2.0Turbo and they handle extremely well for an FF car, I would love to have a Vectra on this which could actually be used for racing and putting some good times down.

Thanks for your help btw, I'm finding it hard to tune since nothing seems to improve it.

Opel Vectra 3.2 V6 ´03

Opel Vectra GT6 gtplanet tune cover pic 1.jpg

233kW / 316 HP (Vauxhall 231kW)
1,468kg
450PP

Sports Hard

Suspension(fully customizable): I set the springs a bit hard for the Ring but since you want the tune to use on any track I thought I leave it at that.

110 / 95 (It is in fact backwards!)
8,55 / 6,86
1 / 4
2 / 5
1 / 2

0,4 / 0,2 (Brands Hatch GP 0,8 / 0,3)

-0,08 / 0,05

Brake Balance(racing pads):

4 / 8 or 3 / 7

Gearbox(fully custom.): Set final gear to 4.000 ; set top speed to minimum (all left) ; set gears like follows:

1st - 3,590
2nd - 2,619
3rd - 2,070
4th - 1,715
5th - 1,450
6th - 1,255

Set final gear to 2,360

if you need higher top speed, just adjust the 6th gear to a lower value

LSD:
triple plate
12 (Brands Hatch GP: 17
15-----------------------16)

Change oil!

Power limiter: 99,7% (Vauxhall 96,4%)
Engine Tuning 1
Sports Comp
Semi Race X
X Manifold
Sports Cat.
Intake

Body weight Reduction 2!!!
carbon hood
weight red. windows

Ballast 200kg
50% (55:45)

Testing using G27 wheel (steering sensitivity 6 ; FFB 6)

all aids off except ABS: 1

The Vauxhall´s quite different, it has more torque and reaches 450PP at less HP compared to the Opel and they have different suspensions and transmission stock. So much for the so loved term "duplicates". LOL
Still has understeer, it´s in the cars nature idk if it would ever go away fully. But its capable of sub 8:00min (with practice 7:5something?) at the Ring. You will probably need some time to get used to it, brake early and pull in pretty early towards the apex. Oh and shift at around 6,800 - 6,900 rpm!

Hope it will help you.

And if there´s a tuner around watching I´d like to hear any kind of feedback, I would be thankful for any advice on possible improvements to make, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Opel Vectra 3.2 V6 ´03

View attachment 95577

233kW / 316 HP (Vauxhall 231kW)
1,468kg
450PP

Sports Hard

Suspension(fully customizable): I set the springs a bit hard for the Ring but since you want the tune to use on any track I thought I leave it at that.

110 / 95 (It is in fact backwards!)
8,55 / 6,86
1 / 4
2 / 5
1 / 2

0,4 / 0,2 (Brands Hatch GP 0,8 / 0,3)

-0,08 / 0,05

Brake Balance(racing pads):

4 / 8 or 3 / 7

Gearbox(fully custom.): Set final gear to 4.000 ; set top speed to minimum (all left) ; set gears like follows:

1st - 3,590
2nd - 2,619
3rd - 2,070
4th - 1,715
5th - 1,450
6th - 1,255

Set final gear to 2,360

if you need higher top speed, just adjust the 6th gear to a lower value

LSD:
triple plate
12 (Brands Hatch GP: 17
15-----------------------16)

Change oil!

Power limiter: 99,7% (Vauxhall 96,4%)
Engine Tuning 1
Sports Comp
Semi Race X
X Manifold
Sports Cat.
Intake

Body weight Reduction 2!!!
carbon hood
weight red. windows

Ballast 200kg
50% (55:45)

Testing using G27 wheel (steering sensitivity 6 ; FFB 6)

all aids off except ABS: 1

The Vauxhall´s quite different, it has more torque and reaches 450PP at less HP compared to the Opel and they have different suspensions and transmission stock. So much for the so loved term "duplicates". LOL
Still has understeer, it´s in the cars nature idk if it would ever go away fully. But its capable of sub 8:00min (with practice 7:5something?) at the Ring. You will probably need some time to get used to it, brake early and pull in pretty early towards the apex. Oh and shift at around 6,800 - 6,900 rpm!

Hope it will help you.

And if there´s a tuner around watching I´d like to hear any kind of feedback, I would be thankful for any advice on possible improvements to make, thanks in advance!

Nice work on the tune works quite well, managed to take roughly 1.500 off my best lap on brands hatch, seems my problem was having the front suspension lower than the rear.

Anyway great tune, I'm going to see what I can do from your work. Thanks.

Mazda Demio ´10

Ok thanks I'll pick it up later, it's a nice colour.

Btw do you think the Opel Vectra may be better than the Vauxhall? I Tested both and I seem to consistently get about .500 seconds better lap times with same settings... I checked over all the settings and they're exactly the same

The settings might be the same, the Vauxhall seems to have a slightly different power outlet.

In stock conditions it´s the same: 155kW (211HP) /6.200 rpm 299,8 Nm/4.000 rpm

It´s the Engine tune stage1 that makes a difference while the Opel gains (10kW) 13,6 HP; the Vauxhall gets 4kW more!

Opel: 165kW / 6.100rpm 314,8Nm / 4.100 rpm
Vauxhall: 169kW / 6.100rpm 323,8Nm / 4.100 rpm

When fully tuned they are back to equal 298kW / 6.600rpm 493,9Nm / 5.000rpm (w/out oil change) so it´s really only the stage 1 tune.

Can´t say which is better, note that I set up and tested the Opel at Nurb. Only later I bought a Vauxhall, gave it the same tune and tested it on Brands Hatch GP, where I found it understeering too much and so changed the front camber and lsd on the Vauxhall.

Last edited:
Back