Help with save game

• Thread starter JimOne
  • 5 comments
Denmark
Denmark
GlennErGuD
Hello dear sofa racers.
About 2 months ago, I sent my ps3 to the repairstore. I thought that everything would be removed, so i copied my safegames to an USB. After that I deleted everything on the console, to see if that could help on the issue with the console.
It did not help, so i sent it in.
While it was gettin repaired, i moved home(don't know the english phrase for that) and there I go from a HD tv to a SD tv :(. After 2 months and many calls to the repairstore, I finally got my ps3 back. My ps3 got the firmware updated before I got it home to the new place where there was no internet. I copied every safe game back on the ps3 again, including gt5 savegame.
But now the i got this problem, when i put in gt5 disc, the screen just go black? Theres no loading indicator or anything on the screen. I logged in with my psn account. I could not download my dlc for gt5 for unknown reason. But I could download my dlc to other games that I did not install again yet. I don't know if that's the problem, but I think I could b, because I got cars on my savegame that i has not downloaded to my ps3 yet. I also has not updated the game because the update is in 21 different files with the first file on 600 mb, and with 10mb download, and the standard ps3 download speed it took more than 4 hours to update 25%.
But why do I got this problem? Is it because of my switch from Hd to Sd tv? Because of the updates that I needed? Or the dlc that ps store don't allow me to download again for some reason. I only downloaded the files once. When I look on my savegame, the files is not 'broken', it shows my money, days played and the current car I am driving.
Also, before I sent my ps3 in, I could play some games. After I deleted everything I played Mortal Kombat, and the savegame was still on when I got it back.

My guess would be that it's related to your updates. It can be a real pain reinstalling those updates with such a slow connection. You could try leaving it on overnight.

Try downloading your DLC content. If that doesn't work, try deleting the game data (not savegame), and reinstall the updates (yes... again).

I'm not sure what's causing you problems, with the DLC, as they should be available in your download history.

The screen going black sounds like an issue with the display settings on your ps3. My screen would go black occasionally if I had it set to 1080p and my TV is only a 720p.

The screen going black is symptomatic of not having a high enough version of GT5 and DLC installed. 1.06 (first group of patches) should allow the game to start, as long as the current car isn't DLC. If it is, the game won't start correctly without the patch that introduced the car.

Yes you need to finish all updates. I had the same problem. Once you are done with the updates you can download all your dlc. The screen will remain blank if you try starting the game without updating it

Latest Posts

Back