Help with Sepang

• Thread starter Suede53
  • 11 comments
Suede53 / GTP_Suede53
Anyone have any tips for Sepang? I've been doing the TT and GP weekend and I'm hitting the wall (figuratively, and sometimes literally :)). In the GP weekend on Medium (McLaren, auto, abs, & sixaxis), I can just barely grab the pole and I can win without too much trouble. However, when I do the the TT, it's all I can do to get silver. Even if I'd add up my best splits for my theoretical best lap, I'm no where near gold. :banghead:

Sorry, I wish I could tell you there's a magic tip - but there isn't! Just keep plugging away at it & you'll gradually improve your times - that's the great thing about F1:CE - there's always room for improvement - I seriously doubt that you have "hit the wall".

It's a pretty technical course with tricky hairpins to negotiate, but also try & carry as much speed through Turn 7 & 8 & again through Turn 12 & Turn 14.

Hmm, I was barely able to get gold in time trial, the dawn setting really is a hinderance...seeing as how I was able to go 1.5 secs faster in the normal day setting.

Not sure where your biggest problem is but turn 12-14 is crucial to your laptime and the trickiest part I belive. Read "Course graphics" thread if you feel uncertain what part of the track we are referring to. Anyway, make sure to be able to take 12 full throttle and start braking hard during 13 (under the assumption that you use anti-lock brakes or else you will spin out). When the tightening of 14 approaches let go of the brakes, roll through and hit throttle as early out of 14 as you can. Now, it absolutely requires a stable, well setup, balanced car to maintain control during this part of the track. It is easy lose the rear or braking too early for fear of spinning out. Soft rear suspension and lower anti-roll should do the trick. Also consider more brake-bias towards the rear and use a higher ride height on this track. The softer the suspension the more negative camber you will need as well. Hope this helps. Go get that gold! :)

Last edited:
Anyone have any tips for Sepang? I've been doing the TT and GP weekend and I'm hitting the wall (figuratively, and sometimes literally :)). In the GP weekend on Medium (McLaren, auto, abs, & sixaxis), I can just barely grab the pole and I can win without too much trouble. However, when I do the the TT, it's all I can do to get silver. Even if I'd add up my best splits for my theoretical best lap, I'm no where near gold. :banghead:
I placed a setup in weekly hot lap series maybe this could help .my lap time was 1.29.994. post no:152

Last edited:
Anyway, make sure to be able to take 12 full throttle and start braking hard during 13 (under the assumption that you use anti-lock brakes or else you will spin out). When the tightening of 14 approaches let go of the brakes, roll through and hit throttle as early out of 14 as you can.

My thoughts exactly! Except I don't use anti-lock. Also I don;t have a clue about fine-tuning the car...

Thanks for all the advice. I'll have to check out zed300's settings and see how that works out. The setup I'm on right now is from the evolution thing and was the fastest but it's a bit too unstable for me.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll have to check out zed300's settings and see how that works out. The setup I'm on right now is from the evolution thing and was the fastest but it's a bit too unstable for me.

Here's my tip. Don't bother with the evolution thing, it takes forever and you'll never get the fastest set up out of it. You're better just referring to the tips section of the game and understanding what all the tuning does, and then trying it out for yourself. And something I always do is put the tyre pressures up to full as it seems to make the car more responsive with its initial turn in 👍

I placed a setup in weekly hot lap series maybe this could help .my lap time was 1.29.994. post no:152

Well, I gave your setup a try and I did manage to go a little faster (1:35.416) but I have to be really careful turning into turn 2 now. I've looped it so many times there now. It just snaps around. :scared: I know I can go through there faster but I don't have much confidence with this setup, so I'm creeping through just to stay pointing the right way.

Here's my tip. Don't bother with the evolution thing, it takes forever and you'll never get the fastest set up out of it. You're better just referring to the tips section of the game and understanding what all the tuning does, and then trying it out for yourself. And something I always do is put the tyre pressures up to full as it seems to make the car more responsive with its initial turn in

I agree it takes forever but the reason I've been using it is two-fold. First, I need to learn the tracks better and this is good way to practice and work on the setup. Second, I SUCK at setting up suspensions.

Well, I gave your setup a try and I did manage to go a little faster (1:35.416) but I have to be really careful turning into turn 2 now. I've looped it so many times there now. It just snaps around. :scared: I know I can go through there faster but I don't have much confidence with this setup, so I'm creeping through just to stay pointing the right way.

I agree it takes forever but the reason I've been using it is two-fold. First, I need to learn the tracks better and this is good way to practice and work on the setup. Second, I SUCK at setting up suspensions.
So go check out the generic setup guide thread if you are not going to listen to advice which is geared at your needs rather then copying what worked for someone else.

So go check out the generic setup guide thread if you are not going to listen to advice which is geared at your needs rather then copying what worked for someone else.

I'm not sure where you're getting that I'm not listening to anyone's advice? I gave zed's setup a try to see how it was. It was a little faster but more unstable to me. I've been using the setup evolution thing more than anything but like Shaggy said it takes a long time and it doesn't go into as much depth as you can manually. I'm still learning the game and how to tune these cars and evolution gets me going in the right direction. I plan to try your suggestions as well but I haven't got around to it yet. I also plan to search for the setup guide thread too. :cheers:

It is easy lose the rear or braking too early for fear of spinning out.
Well, I think I nailed your problem and hence I thought my advise deserved some attention. Anyway, follow Icelt's link in the setup thread and read the document about settings. It is much more fun and meaningful to set up the car with some understanding of what it affects. Although freaksettings in the game can yeild better results in the game than they ever could in reality of course :odd:

Latest Posts

Back